Reporting to the CUO Casualty & Financial (and matrix to the Global Head of Multinational), this role will be primarily responsible to execute multinational product strategy for Global Casualty. In addition the position is responsible for attracting, managing and developing a team of highly accomplished, driven colleagues to execute on the multinational strategy across field operations.
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of the multinational casualty offering within GI.
- Oversee the multinational value proposition that brings together a seamless global controlled master program to deliver upon clients risk transfer needs in the local geographies in which they operate.
- P&L responsibility of $ MM book of business.
- Ensure production goals for growth, business mix, and profitability are met for the multinational casualty book worldwide.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure that market trends are incorporated into product development and pricing strategies.
- Facilitate resolution of significant claims issues.
- Balance a unique combination of products to create a customized solution to our clients.
- Interact with brokers and clients to understand and balance challenging risk positions to maintain a profitable business mix.
- Product liaison to/from AIG’s Multinational Division. Support the Head of Multinational through active participation and contribution to the leadership and direction of AIG’s multinational business.
- Develop and ensure adherence to global fronting underwriting and CUO guidelines.
- Ensure partnership between Product, CUO and Multinational in the development and management of exposure mitigation frameworks.
- Proven collaborative, strategic leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams.
- Demonstrated excellent marketing, influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
- Proven insurance business development background.
- Talent assessment and development for bench strength and succession planning.
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and industries.
- Change management and team leadership.
- External thought leadership.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years insurance leadership experience, casualty and/or multinational experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Understand international regulatory and compliance processes.
- Must be able to forecast and budget accurately.
- Broad insurance industry experience.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution.
- Process and system skills.
- Technical underwriting experience with a broad view.
- Experience with actuarial data and underwriting modelling techniques.