Global Head of Learning Design and Innovation, Business Organization
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
In Sales Mastery, we use our knowledge of adult learning best practices and Google’s business priorities to create effective learning experiences for sellers. We have created Google’s first ever global certification program for product knowledge and sales skills, with thousands of Googlers around the world taking our courses and getting certified.
As Global Head of Learning Design and Innovation, you will be critical to driving Google’s overall business success through driving the learning design vision for a product knowledge and sales skills program reaching 10,000 sellers around the world. As we move into the third year of our Sales Mastery program, you will craft and articulate the vision for the design of the next generation of innovative and engaging learning programs at scale. Unlike other learning initiatives, we have a remarkable opportunity for cutting-edge personalization with a closed loop of data on our all of our Global Business Operations Googlers. You’ll lead a team of instructional and visual designers to create and develop our learning program. In addition, you'll partner with content and skills experts to bring them a cohesive learning experience.
The Go-to-Market Operations (GtM) team ensures Google's complex and ever-evolving Ads business runs smoothly. We are instrumental in setting go-to-market strategy, and ensuring flawless execution and operations against the strategy. We have teams embedded in each of the major Ads business areas as well as global teams that work across the business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
- Develop and share a cohesive design vision for Sales Mastery grounded in adult learning and user experience design best practices.
- Manage design team and resourcing; plan and proactively manage capacity, staffing projects quarterly based on geography, skills/needs match, team dynamics, and development opportunities.
- Assess current offerings in combination with vast stores of data to identify gaps and drive improvement, innovation, and impact.
- Partner with technology team to shape and influence future delivery platforms. Build and maintain strong intra-team partnership with Sales Mastery leadership, cross-functional partnerships with PeopleDev and other learning and design teams across Google, as well as vendors partnerships to augment capacity where needed
- BA/BS degree in Design, Education, Communications, Organizational Design, or Psychology related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 15years of experience managing design, product, or learning teams focused on delivering online content using Agile, ADDIE, Waterfall, CCAF, SAM, Adaptive Learning
- 10 years of experience managing and maintaining strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in project and program management; managing projects across multiple workstreams.
- Experience designing and developing cutting edge online and blended learning experiences in a corporate environment,
- Experience designing learning programs (or online media) in the digital marketing industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
- Fluent in current and emerging adult learning theory and technologies and their practical applications in business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, communication skills, and presence.