Align business controls across the global General Insurance (GI) enterprise, providing both strategic direction and tactical execution to ensure the integrated management of operational risks.
Simplify –act as single point of contact to provide a line of sight for the GI Executive Leadership Team (ELT) into the operational risks and controls of the business
- A point of contact in the business, coordinating identification, assessment, control and mitigation of risks to the operating environment and promoting awareness
- A point of contact for the control functions – including Audit, Risk, Compliance, etc - covering planning, issue management and ad hoc needs
- Identify and design, track and produce Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and reporting, providing summarized risk and control profiles for each GI operating entity for regular reporting and escalation purposes
Governance of Control Environment - support the effective governance and elevate issues with material operational risk impact both to 1st line management as well as 2nd line oversight
- Manage Business Control Committees that will elevate issues subject to materiality and prioritization
- Direct 1st line oversight over GI-wide controls function such as Business Continuity Management and Global Vendor Governance
Planning and Response - coordinated planning for process, risk and control reviews
- Input into and monitoring of the Integrated Risk Controls Framework Calendar
- Prioritization of execution and timing of business and control function interaction
- Management of unforeseen risk situations, helping the control functions navigate efficiently
Manage agreed actions - ensure risk and control reviews and subsequent required actions are focused and supportive of business goals
- Verifiable completion of agreed actions, or alternatively plan for necessary further actions
- Provide visibility into the budget / project management to address agreed actions as needed
Community – work with business owners of the control agenda to demonstrate a community commitment to managing operational risks
- Operational risk lessons learned and solutions are shared across the company
- Real time feedback from the business to the control functions on focus, prioritization or other issues
- Share root cause and lessons learned broadly in a way that supports a risk-focused culture
Qualifications and skills
- Demonstrated awareness of insurance processes, risks and control requirements
- Experience managing projects within risk and/or controls related functions and knowledge of Insurance organization, operations and technology a plus, either in a Business, Operations, Compliance, Audit, Operational Risk, or Consultant capacity.
- Ability to interact with staff, Management and Functions at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also expected to work autonomously and have determination and capacity for initiative to achieve objectives set by management.
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and share information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead meetings and facilitate resolution of differing views and under challenging circumstances
- Ability to work with large data sets and to integrate data across activities and topics. Must be comfortable working with systems, excel, and other IT tools. Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken).
- Excellent organizational, project management and presentation-development skills.
- Minimum 10 years of Insurance or Financial Services work experience with an excellent academic record.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field preferred.
- MBA, CPA, and/or PMP certification a plus.
- Big 4 or top tier management or internal consultingexperience a plus.