Purpose of Role
Act as a global single point of contact for senior management and clients for all FX sales queries and needs. Manage the global sales efforts for all direct and indirect FX products. Responsible for development and implementation of the global FX sales strategy. Manage and develop client relationships in order to gain market share and expand share of wallet with existing clients. Work with sector solutions to provide holistic answers to client’s investment needs.. Ensure that deep knowledge of key client decision makers is in place from C-Suite to heads of execution/back office. Ensure State Street understands the market needs of its clients and ensure this information is fed back through the organization through call reporting to inform bank strategy.
Manage the daily operations of a global FX sales team. Take responsibility for developing and implementing a global sales strategy to achieve market share and revenue targets. Growing the existing client franchise by deepening existing client relationships and acquiring new clients. Take responsibility for new business initiatives. Ensure all procedures, regulations and credit limits are adhered to and any issues escalated to senior management
Skills & Experience
Undergraduate degreerequired. Advanced degree and or CFA preferred or relevant/comparable professional qualification and 10-15 years’ experience in foreign exchange or related markets. Proven ability to build and lead a global team of sales professionals. A successful track record of acquiring and building client relationships. Ability to develop a global sales strategy to grow market share and revenues. Act as global leader reporting to the Global Head of FX Sales & Trading and Research.
- Sophisticated understanding of foreign exchange products and their application to asset managers including expertise in advising on hedging of currency risk and other related portfolio management issues.
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment and a thorough understanding of market structure issues and the most pressing industry related trends.
- Fully aware of all procedures, best practices, escalation policies and other codes of conduct relevant to the execution of the role.
- Proven high ethical standard. Good judgment and leadership with regard to day to day ethical issues.
- Long track record of demonstrated customer orientation including existing and new business development.
- Good history as a mentor and sales leader.
- History of strong performance and achievement in the sales arena.