As the Global Head of Cybersecurity Operations, this role will serve to expand and mature the Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence and Chemours Incident Response Team (CIRT) functions with a focus on detection, protection and active response. This leader will develop mature strategies for all security incident management technology to allow for change and growth; ensuring solutions are fully leveraged. In addition, this leader will also coach, mentor, motivate and strategically develop their current team of professionals and partners. The candidate must have strong skills in managing and handling complex incidents, coordinating a large number of participants and workstreams across various broad technologies.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead 24x7 SOC and CIRT functions by providing operational and strategic direction to leadership on the threat landscape while organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries in time of Cyber crisis'
- Responsible for enterprise-wide vulnerability and malicious code management programs, desktop and mobile endpoint protection, including working to develop and mature capabilities to support these areas.
- Ensure timely reporting of metrics, security control gaps, vulnerabilities to leadership by providing quantitative insight into security posture, including maintaining and responding to changes in operational indicators and metrics
- Create and oversee penetration testing and vulnerability management efforts. This includes threat hunting and emulation (red team/purple team) efforts designed to detect and repair vulnerabilities across the enterprise network, determining where the architecture lacks sufficient security controls that could be exploited by an adversary.
- Lead the creation of playbooks to ensure effective response during a significant event.
- Lead the development and execution of regular crisis management exercises to include full simulations and table tops across Chemours business lines to drive continuous improvement, awareness and education.
- Serve as a key resource for anomaly detection in protecting our Operational Technologies (OT)/ICS manufacturing assets, information assets and technology assets.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- 12-18 years in Cyber related roles and 5-8 years of experience in at least two security operations disciplines within a global enterprise scale environment (such as tier 3/4 incident management, cyber threat analyst, cyber intelligence analyst, CIRT analyst)
- Experience with programming languages (Python, PowerShell, Puppet or Ansible)
- Knowledge of cyber attackers and threat intelligence (e.g., script kiddies, insider threat, non-nation state sponsored, and nation sponsored)
- Detailed knowledge of incident response and incident case management methodologies
- Strong understanding of data breach protection methodologies and insider threats relative to trade secrets
- Strong hands-on Cyber background with experience with either Offensive Cyber Operations or Defensive Cyber Operations and associated toolsets
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Master degree or above
- Certifications with corresponding experience will be used as a differentiator: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCED, GCIA
- Knowledge of Insider Threat investigations, reporting, investigative tools and laws/regulations
- Implementing security tools, standards and processes across: Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Industrial internet of Things (IIoT), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and Machine to machine (M2M) communications
- Skill in reviewing logs to identify evidence of past intrusions
- Demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness and emotionally intelligent communication skills to communicate, persuade, influence, and handle challenging conversations effectively
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving acumen with proven experience in forging strong business partnerships
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated with excellent leadership and teamwork skills