IT - Information TechnologyEstimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%Relocation Provided: NoAIG Technologies,Inc.(US)Global Head Compute Services Architecture
The Global Head of Compute Services Architecture reports into the Global Head of Compute Services and represents all architecture for AIG's global insurance business. The leader will bring industry perspectives and create the programs required to manage and merge the current infrastructure into the future vision. The position is responsible for all architecture elements of infrastructure technologies including compute, storage including software defined infrastructure. The individual should be a thought leader capable of creating a service oriented IT organization and help lead the global build-out of a Software Defined Datacenter. Key programs would also include introducing process simplification, standardization and rationalizing of technologies. The candidate must have prior hands-on experience with legacy and contemporary open compute standards, architecture and service providers and have a strong point of view on driving adoption of X-as-a-Service (XaaS) incorporating latest thinking on cloud, virtualization and converged infrastructure within enterprise to deliver business value. Prior experience in leading and delivering Greenfield IT projects is necessary. This role will be critical in defining the next generation infrastructure, leveraging industry recognized solution architecture, tools, and processes and overseeing execution of a multi-year roadmap to deliver these benefits.
The right candidate should be passionate about technology and takes pride in observing shifts early and navigating organizations to prepare for these shifts to create market leading and innovative technology solutions.
Define strategic direction and drive execution for the future of AIG's global compute, storage architecture.
- Spearhead technology investments; define and develop relevant solutions and services based on market trends and strategic alignment to AIG.
- Enhance existing service portfolio to keep up with the market trends and the future direction of AIG's technology.
- Identify opportunities and increase adoption of cloud significantly in order to reduce overall technical debt.
- Drive strategic accelerated adoption of key services such as hyper-converged infrastructure, automation, Compute-as-a-Service, Software Defined Storage, data deduplication and thin provisioning to increase overall business value.
- Review and challenge traditional backup and disaster recovery paradigms and ensure the right levels of protections are being used (snapshots, continuous data protection, backup to disks, archiving, synthetics, etc.).
- Lead the overall build and execution of a Software Defined Datacenter to enable next generation services.
- Work closely with the Global Head of Compute Services and other IT executive leaders to lead the short term and long term technology infrastructure strategy and execution for AIG.
Improve value delivery of current infrastructure.
- Manage and deliver an enterprise-wide roadmap to simplify and standardize compute, storage, backup, virtualization infrastructure globally.
- Enhance IT value realization by demonstrating new automated cloud solutions, global platform standardization to drive operational efficiency and consistency, improving capabilities in asset optimization and utilization programs.
- Provide scalable resilient solutions to drive down incidents and improve cost effectiveness.
- Optimize workload placements and provide support to the applications team for optimizing the software stacks used in order to reduce software license spend.
- Continuously drive technology adoption / automation and reduce manual efforts year-on-year.
- Improve asset utilization across compute and storage by increasing density for better optimization.
- Provide assistance to project teams on design and application integration with technologies across the stack (compute, storage, database, virtualization etc.).
- Drive faster time to market, delivering 20-30% reduction in average time to market, through automated provisioning.
- Drive cultural change and instill a collaborative, service oriented mindset within the organization.
- Define an enterprise-level service catalog with transparent service pricing and agreed upon SLAs.
- Continuously review and simplify processes to reduce end to end provisioning time for standard services.
- Build cross-functional technology teams centered around key services.
- Continuously drive technology adoption / automation and reduce manual efforts by 25% year-on-year – shift to a X-as-a-service model.
- Develop a culture of risk taking and innovation driven organization that continuously embraces and adapts to change.
- Drive synergies with global Network Services platforms.
- Share accountability for the achievement of AIG's strategic objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, and at least 15+ years of experience in building large scale distributed systems, with at least 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Deep understanding of traditional infrastructure areas, focused on distributed systems such as: data centers, storage and server technologies, WLAN, LAN, WAN networks, planning and engineering, support, deployment, help desk, and disaster recovery planning.
- Must possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude to work cross-functionally and lead across all infrastructure towers.
- Experience in multi-generation segment technology planning and rationalization.
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies.
- Proficient in diverse technology environments including expertise in virtualization and cloud management platforms.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies with proven experience of managing information technology setups utilizing open systems.
- Proven experience of managing information technology systems at a financial services, preferably insurance firm.