Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 174 days ago
This executive is accountable for leading Information Security Advisory and Innovation functions at AIG and its affiliates. Security Advisory and Innovation includes the people, processes and technologies responsible for assessing the effectiveness of AIG’s security systems and processes as well as providing security consulting to the business’ developers, system design and engineering functions.
As financial services delivery grows increasingly dependent on new technology platforms, and an increasing level of regulatory requirements demand additional risk management rigor, AIG must implement highly resilient, reliable and effective solutions that exceed performance standards found in financial services and other information rich industries.
This position will be highly engaged with senior level executives across AIG and throughout the Financial services Industry.
INTERNAL AIG RELATIONSHIPS
Under the direction of the Global Head of Assessments and Effectiveness the essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Build a high performance team
SHORT- AND LONG-TERM ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Strategic/Systems Thinking: Designs and refines organizational strategy (5+ years) tied to vision and based on Business Unit alignment, market differences, financial services and insurance industry.
· Customer Orientation: Sponsors key initiatives at the organizational level to enhance Information Security by delivering messages, pushing for change, providing resources, and generating excitement.
· Decisiveness: Uses understanding of key business goals and strategies to make decisions that address key business threats and opportunities.
· Communication: Consistently and persistently ensures that vision of AIG and Information Security is clearly communicated to key leaders and that they are able to help others translate the vision into action.
· Influence: Achieves long-term strategies by marshaling resources and successfully selling ideas to key leaders in IT, Business Units, Legal, HR, financial services industry, and community.
· Change Leadership: Takes proactive role by: (1) articulating a compelling vision of change; (2) anticipating and overcoming potential obstacles; and (3) bringing out conflicts among the leadership group for discussion and resolution.
· Partnership: Strategically partners with other AIG leaders. Sustains organizational partnerships during periods of change and adversity.
· Team Focus: Models collaboration in building plans and strategies to enhance organizational clarity. Adapts management style to enable optimal team performance.
· Results Orientation: Invests significant resources towards opportunities for radical improvement—setting standards for growth, quality, and service that assure AIG’s place as the market leader.
· Confidence/Initiative: Acts on a 5+ year planning horizon and is willing to take action in the face of significant cost and/or uncertainty. Confronts AIG leaders honestly and directly when in disagreement.
· Reward/Recognition: Establishes and maintains a culture that values accomplishment and effort.
· Cultural Competence: Develops and supports long-range diversity initiatives that improve market penetration, enhance leadership makeup, and create a culture that values diversity.
· Develops Others: Promotes the visibility of current and future leaders and supports them in their development to ensure AIG’s future leadership requirements are met.
· Personal Development: Keeps abreast of external environment and applies knowledge. Aligns personal development strategies with AIG performance improvement needs. Embraces executive feedback/coaching opportunities.