Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Global Head of Fund Administration Operations will be responsible for delivering efficient, scalable operational services to Funds clients. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Securities Services & Issuer Services Operations, and will be a member of the SS&I Senior Leadership Team.
The primary responsibility is to work in close partnership with Business and Technology partners to develop and implement an operations strategy to support the Funds business.Due to the client and platform interdependencies, the operations strategy for Funds will be developed in close alignment with the Custody strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to develop relationships with senior Business and O&T stakeholders globally, as well as build a broad external network amongst relevant regulators, clients and industry bodies.
The Fund Administration Operations Head has responsibility for approximately 2,000 staff globally, a budget of approx. $155mm, and is expected to travel to lead this function, communicate strategy and priorities, and drive continual upgrades of talent and skills. Specific areas of focus for the next 24 months will be strengthening client service, accelerating the global functional alignment and rolling out best-in-class operating metrics to track performance and efficiency of the functions. Additionally, the successful candidate will define and implement a clear strategy for continually strengthening the control environment working in close partnership Operational Control, Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit.
Specific areas of global responsibility will include:
- Developing and implementing a multi-year operations strategy for Fund Administration Operations in partnership with Business and Technology partners
- Acting as senior operations lead in New Business Committee meetings, client sales pitches and due diligence visits and other governance forums, deputising for the Global Head of SS&I as required
- Represent Citi by attending and participating in industry forums, conferences, etc.
- Overseeing the delivery of strategic re-engineering initiatives and delivery of internal re-platforming initiatives globally
- Engaging in client discussions & relationship management activities as required to support the Business
- Managing budgets and headcount plans in order to meet targets
- Driving the implementation of initiatives to continuously improve STP rates and productivity, including the use of Robotics, workflow and other innovative re-engineering techniques
- Overseeing daily operations and management of our core operations, and acting as a senior point of escalation for issues
- Developing an effective control framework that fully meets Audit, Compliance and Regulatory requirements; delivery of periodic presentations to external regulators as required
- Maintaining a culture and environment where processes and controls are continually monitored and potential risks escalated on a timely basis
Qualifications & skills:
-BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant subject preferred (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Management)
-15+ years of experience in Tier 1 global financial institutions preferably in Fund Services
-Experience delivering strategic change programmes spanning multiple years in a fast paced, large global financial services firm, ideally in an operations, risk or technology organisation
-Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology
-Possesses expert level of knowledge in communications and proven success interacting with senior management both in the business, and corporate functions as well as the Operations, Business and Technology environments
-Experience in financial planning processes, including budgeting and forecasting
-Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
-Deep product knowledge of Funds, with in-depth insight into how Operations and Technology functions within the product set
-Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
-Demonstrated experience leading people and developing effective and diverse teams across a global footprint.
The role is a ‘Controlled function’ CF as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011