$250K — $250K+*
1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime according to the World Health Organization. In Oncology Medical Affairs we are working tirelessly to bring innovative cancer treatments to patients with our presence in four oncology treatment platforms.
As Global Group Medical Director, you will lead a cross functional Integrated Disease Medical Team (IDMT) and be a core member within the Global Program Team (GPT) and WorldWide X-functional Team (WWXT). You will lead the development of an integrated medical affairs strategy and plan, encompassing complementation of registration, launch preparation, and life cycle management plans for the assigned disease area. You will have the opportunity to build a team of Global Medical/Scientific Directors who work directly on the specific compounds and associated programs.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Efficiently manage budgets and resources, including budget planning for future activities within assigned disease area.
• Lead the strategic discussion and gains alignment across regions and functions, through generation and successful implementation of IDAPS.
• Accountable for all operational aspects and drive execution of Global Medical Affairsclinical trials in partnership with global line functions, assigned Clinical Trial Heads (CTHs), and regional/country medical associates.
• Accountable for prioritization and review of investigator-initiated trials and Local/Regional NVS sponsored Medical Affairstrials for assigned product(s).
• Provide medical oversight for educational events (e.g. stand-alone meetings, scientific symposia) and scientific congresses within legal and compliance regulations.
• Responsible and accountable for review and approval of key scientific communications, medical information documents and commercial documents within P3 legal and compliance regulations.
• Provide medical input on overall publication strategy and is a key member of publication planning team providing GMA medical input on individual publication plans.
• Provide medical leadership in interactions with key external stakeholders e.g., leads advisory boards.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• MD required; more than 10 years advanced knowledge in medical/scientific area. (Oncology, Hematology, Endocrinology) required.
• Have expert operational knowledge and experience in clinical trial design and all stages of clinical trial conduct (Trial design, Start-up, Execution, Analysis, Reporting). Have an excellent knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology / Haematology or other relevant disease area.
• Have strong knowledge in and understanding of medical activities (including scientific communications, medical information, MSLs, and real world evidence), relating to the commercialization of oncology products.
• Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities.
• Build and lead high performing cross-functional teams collaboratively; effectively use rewards and recognition to create a culture of engagement and inclusion.
• Build strong internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders that maximize alignment and organizational effectiveness.
• Can effectively manage different and diverse projects (clinical program, publication, medical education, Advisory boards).
• Effectively develop, communicate, and drive a long term vision and plan for medical affairs program, anticipating and addressing potential issues.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Valid through: 12/22/2020