The Financial Planning and Analysis Senior Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for providing management with an analysis and insight of Citi’s financial results in coordination with the broader Finance team. The overall objective is to manage professional team(s)/department(s) and apply analytical thinking/knowledge of data analysis methodologies to create and analyze reports that gauge Citi’s alignment with forecasted performance.
- Lead a team in the US and Mumbai focused on driving firm results, with a focus on resource allocation, investment and productivity initiatives and benefits, headcount and other resource categories like Technology, Marketing, etc.
- Proactively engage and interface with global, product and regional FP&A partners to leverage information and processesto meet firm-wide goals
- Manage forward looking processes including forecasts, strategic/operating plans, monthly outlooks, and review results against plans monthly as it relates to resource management
- Lead a team in conducting month-end analysis on Citigroup expenses including the consolidation of flash estimates, monitoring general ledger bookings, and creating detailed variance analysis and commentary for senior management
- Generate resource management analytics for quarter end flash results, related highlights, board of directors reports, and executive management reports as well as contribute to quarterly competitor reviews, quarterly annotated supplement, and quarterly investment reports
- Prepare/present to senior management and stakeholders on using key resource drivers and metrics to evaluate and drive business decisions
- Implement financial initiatives and manage work of the department ensuring appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place
- Manage and direct individuals within the infrastructure area through relevant direct reports
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- 8-10+ years of managerial experience
- Experience in financial services
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills with the ability to drive top down strategic and operational plan
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and interact at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred