Your responsibilities as Global Fixed Asset Accounting (FAA) Enterprise Systems Lead will include but not limited to:
- Defines the accounting system roadmap and system requirements of the future and assist or direct system programming resources in the development of accounting systems.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Maintaining and analyzing the ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Accounting functions may include general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset accounting, inter-company accounting, and payroll.
- Develops and maintains the policies that govern the Company's reporting process and ensures compliance with generally accepted reporting standards.
- Supervision of lower level exempt or non exempt employees is common among incumbents working in accounting operations.
FAA partners with Intel's key stakeholder groups across Capital end-to-end processes to ensure proper recording & reporting of Intel's fixed assets. This includes oversight and management of existing fixed assets and additions to Property Plant Equipment on an annual basis.
The Global FAA Enterprise Systems Specialist will lead FAA and Capital through transformation from SAP ECC to SAP S/4 HANA platform in partnership with the Information Systems group. This position requires proactive engagement with partner organizations to deliver innovative business processes and systems capabilities in a cost effective manner, allowing Intel to consistently compare favorably with "world class" industry practices for managing capital.
It is also uniquely positioned to drive capital process optimization by leveraging native SAP configuration and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions. In this capacity the position must partner effectively across organizational boundaries to develop a roadmap for continuous improvement, ensuring that process and systems proactively adapt to changes in the business environment, accounting standards and IT capabilities available from enterprise software solution providers.
The role will also support systems governance requirements.
More Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages and reports progress on projects through initiation, planning, design, implementation and stabilization phases.
- Ensures Intel's global accounting systems and processes (and relevant upstream systems) are designed appropriately to keep Intel legal.
- Drives the identification, exploration and funding of new continuous improvement projects, supporting Capital Council initiatives that move the organization toward "best in class".
- Engages to understand IT driven strategic initiatives which impact capital processes (S/4 HANA migration, Analytics Cloud implementation, Data SSOT etc.) and influences related process and system compatibility.
- Active stakeholder management across key partners including TMG Finance, IT Finance Information Systems, Global FAA sites managers & Global Tax.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting , or any other related area.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Ability to create & drive execution of a shared vision of success both internally and outside direct sphere of influence.
- Action oriented, proven self-starter who takes initiative with track record of achieving results.
- Demonstrated competency in business requirements gathering and systems design. SAP experience is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, adapting the message for the audience.
- Exception problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good business process improvement mindset.