- Bachelors degree required
- 10+ years of professional experience, ideally in communications roles within a professional services or agency setting
- Track record of establishing yourself as an indispensable and collaborative member of the leadership team
- Deep understanding of healthcare systems & services gained from first-hand experience
- Ability to drive end-to-end processes independently, and be tenacious and proactive in driving things to completion
- Strong professional network in the healthcare industry, including with media and third parties
- Experience developing multi-channel external communications programs
- Experience in reputation risk management/crisis communications
- Strong writing and editorial skills, in particular the ability to distill complex ideas into precise, accessible copy
- Excellent client service awareness and external relations orientation
- High comfort level with uncertainty, entrepreneurial ventures and risk taking
- A sustained record of high-impact initiative-taking, sometimes beyond scope of responsibilities
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to function effectively with in a shared leadership context
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be based in the Atlanta, Chicago, Denver or Washington DC office, and will report to the Manager of Strategy & Operations for our Global Healthcare Systems & Services (HSS) practice.
This role will work closely with leaders of our HSS practice, including the practice’s global leader, senior practice manager, regional practice managers, and its executive editor. You will also collaborate with relevant practices and communications colleagues, and be supported by a practice operations administrator.