- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Quality Management, Event Management or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of event-related experience in a high-volume operation.
- 7 years of experience in a global company and/or hotel, convention center operation, focusing on customer service, event deliverables, food and beverage, event technology, event space operations, and event space management.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP).
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives, working closely with global stakeholders and vendors at all levels to achieve impact. Track record of effectively managing and delivering against multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and knowledge of food and event catering, event and AV technology, and familiarity with both union and non-union event management environments.
- Ability to lead global and cross-functional project teams in developing and implementing multiple event-related programs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and foster alignment on a global basis. Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with business judgment.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in data analysis, with a keen interest in data manipulation and ability to see beyond the numbers and draw business conclusions.
About the job
The Global Events team is responsible for supporting, consulting and delivering experiential events to Googlers and their customers so they may thrive through learning, collaboration and social interaction. Our team works with a variety of vendors to provide great service, excellent AV production and end-to-end event consultancy and support.
As the Global Events Programs Team Lead, you will oversee a team of subject matter experts and program owners to shape and deliver extraordinary spaces and services for Google’s Global Event Program. You’ll directly lead multiple complex, cross-functional global projects, and work closely with global stakeholders, business leaders, vendor partners, industry experts and thought leaders to define and deliver high-impact projects and programs, inspiring and mobilizing your team to deliver impact for REWS and Google.
You will work directly with the Director of Global Events, Guest Services and Amenities on Global Projects, management of key event service delivery areas, event space management, event design, and vendor partner relationships.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Create, maintain and evolve global eventprocesses, guidelines and standards for the coordination of program deliverables and initiatives in conjunction with Facilities Management, AV Production, Security, Transportation, Event Catering and the Global Programs team. Manage Vendor Partners.
- Develop and manage the global events space optimization program through the development of policies and protocols for global space usage and analysis.
- Manage the Global Events team, ensure that project work is allocated properly, assigned goals are adhered to and work is delivered on time.
- Work closely with REWS Technology team to develop and evolve event and event management technology.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive risk management strategy for the global events program, including policies and procedures to minimize and control key global and regional risks.