Job ID: BEC009028
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Network Engineer / Architect role, in part with Global Network Services, will work closely with global network architecture team, engineering staff and management to understand technical enterprise objectives, initiatives and their impact on the global IT infrastructure.This position will interact with the various business units to gather requirements, solutions to meet emerging business needs. The candidate will be responsible for documenting those requirements and working with the team (network and enterprise architecture, business units, vendors, and internal engineers) to design, develop and oversee implementations that meet the business requirements and maximize availability of those systems.This position will promote governance and compliance with standards, policies and procedures as well as assist and resolve day-to-day issues and assist in maintaining enterprise systems with more than 130 sites, over 50+ countries and more than 13,000 users through the use of enterprise wide tools and tracking platforms.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership and Business partners to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- work closely with global networkarchitecture team and enterprise architecture (EA) team in defining current and future technology standards.
- Participate in lab testing and benchmarking of network hardware and software features
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Design, configure and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, hubs, switches and other hardware.
- Take ownership of the service delivery process for network components, manage the lifecycle of configuration templates and software versions
- Lead network team to solve complex problem
- Use analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master preferred) with 9+ years experience of network progressive hands-on architect experience.
- Cisco CCNP certification or Juniper JNCIP-ENT certification is required.
- On-call availability for 7 days per month
- May require travel (10%)
- Hands-on, proven troubleshooting skill in LAN, WAN, and WLAN
- Strong working experience with BGP routing protocol
- Well versed in routing protocol of OSPF
- Hands-on, strong understanding of switching technologies trunking, spanning-tree, dot1q, VLANs, VTP, Ethernet switching, Multi-layer switching.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, networksecurity principles, and general network management best practices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of security, such as IPSEC tunnels, VPNs, firewalls and packet analysis.
- Hands-on experience in scripting with exposure to network automation
- Experience in datacenter environments with exposure to application load balancing
- Experience with server operating systems (Linux, Windows) and virtualization technology
- Exposure to Cloud infrastructure
- Personal Attributes
- Strong written and verbal skills including presentation skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Strong Time Management & Multitasking skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.