This position will drive development of Engineering across our Global Supply Chain. One of the main objectives is to unify and standardize our approach to Engineering. The Global Engineering function will drive standardization, in a systemic and focused approach to deliver process improvements in the deployment of statistical process controls, automation, flexible manufacturing systems, tool development, SMED and adoption of disruptive technologies. This position will be located in either in Morrisville, NC or Minneapolis, MN.
- Development and Deployment of Global Engineering Strategy, incl. building a Global Engineering Function.
- Direct development and deployment of preventive and predictive maintenance programs, incl. establishment of technical training programs based on historical data to minimize unwanted disruption.
- Drive development and deployment of equipment/tool/mold/ etc. management strategies, incl. management of Teleflex owned equipment /tool/mold at suppliers.
- Drive development and deployment of standardized approach to engineering line support, incl. competency setting, process stability monitoring, identification and implementation of opportunities for improvement.
- Development and deployment of standardized approached to equipment qualification and process validation, incl. equipment and processes at suppliers.
- Development and deployment of Advanced Process Engineering, incl. Automation, Design for Manufacturing, Disruptive Technologies
- Identification of core technologies and articulation of standardization requirements for equipment, tooling, etc.
- Identification and implementation of yield monitoring and improvement programs, material substitution opportunities, etc.
- Development and deployment of best practice process documentation including setup methodology.
- Development and deployment of best practice process control methodologies.
- Establishment and Management of Global Capital Planning Process, incl. identification and management of all necessary inputs.
- Develop and provide meaningful input to the R&D teams to facilitate and improve the level of new product DFM
- Consistently exhibit leadership competencies and TFX Core Values.
- Manage effective communication and business relationship with R&D, Marketing, or any other functions as necessary vital to the success of this role.
- Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all company policies, rules and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable safety standards and other regulations.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the superior.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Advanced Degree in Engineering and MSc (engineering, automation, MFG Process) an advantage
- Experience of working in a matrix organization and leading technical virtual teams
- Minimum of 10 years of previous Engineering Leadership experience in related industry
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Business acumen and ability to communicate to all levels within the organization
- Leadership skills including the ability to develop, mentor and influence engineers and managers within and outside of span of management
- Experience in developing and implementing Global Engineering Teams, incl. Strategy Setting and Deployment
- Experience with Advanced Technology Integration as well as development and implementation of Disruptive Technology
- Experience to balance multiple global engineering projects
- Expert understanding of materials properties and the practical application of these principles in establishing robust manufacturing processes
- Ability to apply proven engineering concepts through disciplined approaches
- Skilled statistical practitioner with experience to apply statistical analysis and use the output of these analysis to improve operations
- Knowledge and experience in designing and performing Design of Experiments
- Knowledge and experience with Design for Manufacturing
- Project Management Practitioner
- Key Relationships/Interfaces:
- Global / Regional / Site Leadership Team
- Business Unit Leadership Team, incl. R&D and Sustaining Engineering
- Behaviours & Values:
- Approachable and collaborate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
- Good organizational skills with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of Teleflex Medical business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.