The Global Engineering Competency Lead, is responsible for the global competency development plan, evaluation, alignment, and reporting of the Global Solutions engineering community, comprised of several thousand engineers globally.
As a member of the Global Engineering leadership team, works with regional business leadership, and cross functional stakeholders, to define and achieve short term and long term competency goals.
LOCATION: This role may be based at any U.S. based Rockwell location, opportunity to work remotely may be considered.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Regional Engineering Managers, GEC Leadership, and HR business partners, and quality team to define and maintain alignment of GJC competencies to training requirements, by engineering role
- In conjunction with other RA competency programs (e.g. Commercial Engineering, Customer Support & Maintenance) and outside partners, establishes and maintains training capability for engineering community
- Together with business stakeholders to establish, and maintain, system(s) for roll out and tracking of training
- Works with business stakeholders to establish, and maintain, on boarding requirements for engineers
- Works with RA stakeholders to establish, and maintain, solutions specific training content for EIT program, with respect to global industry solutions.
- In conjunction with regional & GEC stakeholders, and HR business partner(s), maintains listing of subject matter experts as defined by the business and works with quality team to ensure qualifications of subject matter experts
- Develops, and maintains, the global competency matrix w.r.t. GJC / roles in line with market / Industry benchmarks.
- Works with Quality team and HR business partners, to audit competency, against competency requirements/matrix
- In conjunction with Global Engineering, GEC, and Regional stake holders, supports development of competency goals, and facilitate reviews of training materials, in conjunction with roll out of Global Engineering capabilities
- Works with product business units, regional and GEC engineering teams, to define, coordinate, and track awareness/training, for products/product releases and Global Engineering capabilities for engineering community and acts as SSB representative on curriculum council
- Together with DKD Program Manager, and HR business partner(s) maintains alignment of DKD skills to competency requirements, and to TTR assessments, by engineering role
- In conjunction with HR business partner(s), GEC leadership, and Regional Engineering Managers, works to maintain TTR assessments and assist with resolving gaps
Leadership ( individual contributor role)
- Directs SSB area management in the areas of technical mentoring, employee development, training, and performance assessment
- Establishes and maintains good cooperation, and working relationship, with the Engineering management team globally.
- Respond flexibly to change and effectively lead/manage activities (individual or large group) within complex environment.
- In conjunction with Global Engineering Manager, prepare annual operating plan and budget for competency
- In conjunction with Global Engineering Manager, GEC Leadership, and Regional Engineering Managers, prepare and align training activities to regional budgets
- Works with cross functional business stakeholders to monitor and achieve key competency metrics
- In conjunction with business leadership team, establishes, maintains, and drives, long term competency goals
- Working with Regional Engineering Managers, and GEC Leadership, drives short term competency goals for each region and the GEC
- In conjunction with Global Engineering Manager, contributes to communications plans, and provides updates to senior management on competency
- 5+ years of experience in a global, solutions delivery business is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required.
- Training or enablement in adult education or distance based learning is highly desirable.
- Ability concisely and effectively communicate complex issues.
- Prior Lean and/or Six Sigma training and experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment and global matrixed organization
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.