Responsible for developing and leading the employee relations strategies and operations globally. The focus of this role is on mitigating the potential negative impact of employee relations issues while furthering proactive Global Employee Relations efforts to create alignment, consistency and accountability in the management of employee relations and employee engagement and support. The Global Employee Relations Director will provide support in fostering an inclusive working environment through fair and ethical leadership and focus.
- Develops strategies to address global employee relations issues in the organization, as they are identified to ensure that issues are addressed proactively and managed at the local level to mitigate any adverse impact on the business at the national, regional and international levels.
- Ability to utilize and leverage data and analysis in the identification of emerging and progressive employee relations trends and practices.
- Identifies and collaborates on updates to global policies, including updating internal policies in conjunction with the identification of global trends.
- Develops strategies to begin to address potential system-wide employee relations issues, such as contract labor, outsourcing, hours of work and overtime issues.
- Provides industry thought leadership in employee relations to further best practices and progressive employee relations problem solving and solutions.
- Creates, develops and leads strategy for centralized Employee Relations Department.
- Leads, develops and manages a team of Employee Relations Specialists working across multiple business groups to provide guidance and counsel in resolving issues and grievances.
- Partners and collaborates with legal, compliance and/ or audit departments to promote respect and dignity in the workplace and to respond appropriately and fairly to employee relations concerns.
- Researches, designs and implements best in class practices in new Employee Relations COE to advance effective investigations, stakeholder engagement, and program and policy implementation.
- Fosters positive employee relations throughout the company by identifying, developing and driving philosophies and programs to improve employee engagement in the workplace.
- Develops policies, procedures and programs to promote fair and efficient performance issues and reductions in force, in order to reduce legal risks. Assist top leaders, including CEO and division presidents with employee relations issues.
- Directs U.S. OFCCP/ Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) Compliance and development and productions of plans for all U.S. locations.
- Experience with global workforce needs and compliance with international country labor laws
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Federal, state and local employment laws and trends.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. EEO and Affirmative Action Plans, processes and procedures
- Basic knowledge of union environment
- Program Management: Ability to provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities, establishing management routines to effectively track progress and identify issues, removing barriers and leveraging resources.
- Crisis Management: Knowledge of procedures used and ability to rapidly mobilize and manage internal and external resources to deal with situations that have the potential for severe negative impact on the Company's reputation or business
- Cross Functional Relationships: Knowledge of and ability to articulate to senior management the benefits of supporting cross-functional objectives to achieve the business plan.
- Global/Cultural Knowledge: Knowledge of cultural differences in different regions or countries that might impact or limit the effectiveness of a promotion, property or program.
- Negotiation: Exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance; striving for outcomes that are a win-win for all parties involved
- Resiliency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills - written, verbal and listening skills
- High level of judgment, calm presence and stress management capabilities
- Organizational savvy- ability to be a credible advocate and manage ambiguity while building strong relationships with leaders in the organization
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred.
- 15 years or more related work experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following:
- criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.