The OpportunityVrbo is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our Traveler Email Team. We are looking for a proactive and experienced email marketer who can develop best-in-class strategies & continuously enhance the capabilities of our email marketing program to drive revenue and increase customer loyalty and satisfaction. This role will be responsible for email programs and will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of these programs. This role requires a strong desire to be involved in all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, email design, deployment, and deliverability. Analytical acumen, projectmanagement skills, and a desire to quickly test and learn are critical to successfully drive the emailprogram forward.
If you enjoy building email marketing strategies from scratch, thrive on turning ambiguity into productivity, and have aptitude for scaling marketing delivery across multiple countries, this role is ideal for you.
What you'll do:
- Develop solutions that enhance the overall customer experience and drive business results, challenging the status quo in emailexecution and content.
- Build out compelling, data driven customer journeys across the traveler journey applying email best practice focusing onretargeting programs across 20+ brands in over 13+ countries.
- Own and develop the email program roadmap from A/B testing, technology enhancements and content optimization.
- Analyze email campaign performance and derive insights to advance recommendations for optimization and/or the creation ofadditional campaigns to support key findings.
- Recommend and implement new strategies, innovative ideas, and/or technologies to grow the email channel.
- Work with our internal marketing, creative, business, product and technology teams to understand objectives and create compelling, effective email marketing programs to drive engagement and other business KPIS.
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in the email marketing industry and ESPs (Eloqua, Sparkpost, etc).
- High-level understanding of the marketing technology stack, including marketing automation, email service providers and CRM; interest in getting under the hood to bend the technology to your will.
- Communicate and present problem statements, business strategies, hypothesis and results to company executives and partners on a regular basis
- Knowledge of best practices for database and email marketing – email distribution, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, performance metrics, CAN-SPAM laws, list segmentation, and database hygiene.
- Has experience managing and optimizing email retargeting programs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the EMP Eloqua, Sparkpost or MessageGears
- Experience partnering with technology teams and working with creative team
- Experience with Push and SMS
- Ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and turn them into high quality build specs for marketing automation program
- Good understanding of campaign KPI performance metrics paired with strong analytical skills utilising data in Excel and other tools
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to use them internally, externally, and at all levels
- Solid understanding of basic principles of data, how data is structured and organized, how it flows between systems, etc.
- Entrepreneurial team player; able to take initiative and deliver results with minimal direction, while knowing when to pull in other stakeholders for feedback.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS or other coding languages (Freemaker, RazorCode a plus)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.