About the Position
This position is responsible for management and coordination of Goodyear’s global safety data sheet authoring and compliance.
In addition, it supports the execution of Goodyear’s global Environmental, Health & Safety strategy by assisting in the development, design & implementation of global environmental, health and safety programs.
- Primary contact and reviewer for coordination of authoring of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for new and experimental products in various global formats, includes working with vendors on system upgrades and maintenance
- Work with internal functions to ensure SDS data is accurate, maintained and accessible and is integrated into functional activities including establishing training & internal processes
- Manage raw material and supplier SDS information to ensure compliance with global hazard communication standards
- Assist in the development, design & implementation of global environmental health and safety programs
- Review, analyze and provide conclusions and recommendations on global EHS data in support of operations
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry or Engineering.
- Master's Degree in a related field is desired
- 7+ years' experience in an EHS function
- Previous plant, operational and global / international experience is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with global hazard communication regulations/requirements (GHS, DOT/OSHA, REACH etc.)
- Awareness of global EHS laws and regulatory framework
- Strong proficiency with standard office software, experience with SDS authoring software
- Strong analytical/research skills, with ability to work independently and accurately manage large amounts of detailed information
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels