Micron is committed to environmental and safety excellence as we strive to be the world’s best memory company. As the Program Manager of Global EHS Policy you will be responsible for the successful development and implementation of strategies and practices related to EHS Policy initiatives for Micron Technology, Inc operations globally. The successful candidate will provide leadership, direction, education, and overall strategic management of the company’s EHS policy and regulatory advocacy initiatives as well as driving EHS improvement throughout the supply chain.
The Program Manager of Global EHS Policy will provide technical regulatory guidance/advice to the sites, staff, and senior management on EHS policy and regulatory development matters related to the semiconductor industry. The Program Manager of Global EHS Policy is responsible for building relationships and working with industry associations including the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) and Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), as well as internal facility and business unit managers to gain business insights as it relates to EHS policy and regulatory development. Candidates for this position should have strong communications and program management skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Developing aligned methods and business processes for consistent advocacy in the countries in which Micron operates
- Interfacing with appropriate regulatory agencies, trade associations, and interested stakeholders to ensure Micron is partnering in forward-thinking policy discussions.
- Teaming with other EHS professionals on a site, regional and global level to share learning, increase innovation and drive synergy throughout the Micron network.
- Coordinate the company’s initiatives in the various industry associations for Micron Technology, Inc operations globally.
- Develop positions and proposed advocacy for EHS policy and regulatory initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive EHS care-abouts into the supply chain.
- Collate, analyze and respond to customer EHS inquiries.
- Analyze regulatory trends and collaborate with internal partners to evaluate potential risks and opportunities.
- Establish and track metrics to demonstrate continual improvement.
- Strong technical expertise in the area of environmental compliance and sustainable operations, in multi-national corporations
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably work across organizational boundaries and geographies
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional organizations to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Ability to be guided by business objectives and determine best methods for delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven facilitation skills including the ability to influence others
Minimum of a B.S. degree in Environmental, or other related technical degree related to the management of environmental and/or safety and health in a semiconductor environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with demonstrated experience in all aspects of environmental, and a working knowledge of safety and health, including in depth knowledge global regulations, semiconductor and other applicable standards.
- The ability to read and develop a solid understanding and interpretation of regulations is required
- Ability to develop global programs and deploy to a multi-cultural audience
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficiency in technical writing
- Public speaking skills
- Strong team player skills