LEO A DALY is seeking anexperienced education design professional to lead and direct LEO A DALY’s national education program. The position will provide vision, strategic direction, promote the growth of the practice and provide thought leadership for the company’s Global Education Program currently organized into several regions. The practice will have an emphasis on higher education institutions, but will need to include the primary education sector as well.Depending on geographiclocation, this individual might beresponsible for one region’s program in addition to national leadershipresponsibilities. LEO A DALY’s education program is an emerging practice with respected areas of success within core competencies looking to grow into one the largest practices within the firm with an emphasis on Life Science andStudentLife.
Some of the core requirements are as follows:
Market Strategic Planning
- Provide vision, strategic direction and thought leadership to advance the company’s education program, with an emphasis on Higher Education, at both national and regional level, working and leading discussions among the office education practice groups. Provide understanding of national and global trends for consideration for team focus.
- Lead the development of the annual strategic plan for the Global Education Market Sector.
- Plan and coordinate national conference activities and events
- Oversee the review and update of Education program marketing materials and branding and positioning strategy.
Business Development and Client Relations
- Participate and/or lead education business development at the regional and national level with a focus on building relationships with target institutions to achieve the global practice goals of enhanced life science and student life programs. Student life programs will have a core competency in library and student activity centers, while life science will include all STEM related and both undergraduate and graduate level research facilities.
- Guide the development of winning pursuit strategies, targeted client capture plans and assist in reviewing submittals, RFQ’s, RFP’s, etc.
- Participate as an active member of our education planning and design teams and serve as a global resource for current and future industry trends, education teaching innovations, delivery model and environments of the future concepts, etc.
- Inspire achievement of office market sector strategic goals, targeted pursuit win rate and budgeted New Business Contracted and Net Fees Earned.
Leadership and Management
- Facilitate regular meetings among the company education teams for broad and consistent communications.
- Focus on a one team mentality helping to build an overall education practice working closely among individual profit centers.
- Assess education resources, expertise and experience and recommend key hires to build a “best of class” team.
- Represent company at community and industry events, professional conferences, meetings, committees, etc., become the face of the practice through conference speaking and publishing.
- Be the “trusted advisor” in all matters of education practice for the leadership team of the office education market sectors.
- Continually engage with Business Development and company leadership with regular communication about overall company goals and push those goals down to the practice teams within the offices.
- Demonstrated success in performing in a leadership role within an educational design practice or institutional management, business development, or architecture industry.
- Proven track record in developing new services, building and/or enhancing a professional practice, designing and implementing new operational processes and serving as a change agent and thought leader.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in directing and providing diverse consulting services to educational clients in support of educational architecture planning and design.
- Proven business development skills to identify opportunities, develop client relationships, understand client needs, and develop customized innovative approaches to meet client needs, develop winning pursuit strategies and lead the pursuit process from pre-sale to close. Also has strong contacts/network in the educational industry.
- Proven leadership skills to lead teams to develop a vision, direction and strategy, and motivate and coach team members to achieve their optimal potential.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate and present to multiple levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and leadership and ability to successfully facilitate groups.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in architecture, marketing, business, education administration, or related field.
- 20+ years’ experience in a business development or leadership position within the A/E/C industry, primarily focused on education design with private systems.
- Education facility planning expertise required.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to travel regularly with some international travel.
- Significant leadership experience in a large, multi-office or multi-facility organization.
The successful candidate will possess the following personal attributes:
- Outstanding leadership presence and communications skills with the ability to inspire trust and quickly build trust within the company and with the education industry at large.
- Must be a self-starter, requiring minimal direction, who can multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to support, facilitate, lead and motivate others through influence and respect.
- High –performer with low ego needs. Energetic, enthusiastic, committed and entrepreneurial.
- Must be able to generate enthusiasm for best-in-class performance through the clear personal passion to be the best in education design. A fresh, forward-looking approach and the willingness, strength of will, and vision to act as a change agent.