Job ID: CHE001532
The position of Global Director, Transportation and Logistics is a key role within ChemTreat’s operations throughout the Americas. This position is critical to achieve productivity goals for the organization and to ensure optimal support to ChemTreat’s customers globally by driving operational excellence and standards of customer care and quality of logistics. This role is responsible for strategy development and execution for all modes of distribution including Bulk, LTL, Neat/White glove, and parcel. This responsibility covers all markets served, currently North and Latin America.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Global Director, Transportation and Logistics is responsible for the development and management of warehousing, distribution, network optimization, and invoice management allowing ChemTreat to meet Policy Deployment and Key Performance Indicator Targets through the following activities:
- Lead cost improvement in support of achievement of spending reduction goals for Freight / Logistics.
- Launch and execute risk mitigation strategies for Transportation and Warehousing.
- Lead transport lane risk assessments and partner with functional subject matter experts (SMEs) to determine appropriate mitigation actions, Ensure contingency policies, systems and practices are in place to prevent and eliminate business disruption.
- Identify third party logistics and warehousing partners as appropriate to optimize cost.
- Supply base optimization through supplier consolidation and complexity reduction initiatives.
- Analyze anticipated growth of operating company against capacities to maintain and ensure proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Leverage cross-functional and geographical initiatives in support of cost optimization projects.
- Drive effective use of corporate-wide Transportation and Logistics (T&L) contracts to ensure ongoing leverage and lowest cost.
- Help develop and implement Platform T&L and Warehousing supplier performance metrics to assure business deliverables are achieved. Participate in transport service provider selection and qualification process; manage ongoing relationships and lead quarterly business reviews
- Evaluate marketplace trends and provide price and budget guidance for targeted spend or transportation mode/warehousing categories.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Drive strategic and tactical solutions by providing decision support data/materials (market data, financial analysis) with a vision of total cost management for T&L and Warehousing activities.
- Own global logistics business processes to support supply chain visibility and freight audit/payment services.
- Actively lead and engage in PD and Daily Management reviews as needed.
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in QDCI (Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation) that is tied to Policy Deployment (PD) and Daily Management (DM) by leveraging DBS tools, consulting skills, and the change management process.
- Track and develop countermeasures for all T&L and Warehousing Systems and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Demonstrated proficiency applying lean principles in a variety of situations; must be able to establish and document standard operating processes.
Customer focused and strong interpersonal and communication skills, including active listening skills
Proven Change Management Skills.
Ability to influence others; must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives.
Strategic Skills: Gathers, organizes, and analyzes data from various perspectives to develop and implement comprehensive action plans that achieve breakthrough results.
Tough Minded: Courage and conviction to identify/make difficult decisions swiftly, fairly, and with respect for those involved. Demonstrates managerial courage and willingness to stand alone for the right business decision if needed.
Professional Maturity: Insight into strengths and weaknesses of self and others. Exhibits and commands attention and respect, maintains self-control, and conveys confidence and instills confidence in others.
Visionary Leadership: The ability to communicate and enlist support for the vision of the organization.
- Develops Organizational Talent: Commitment to fostering long-term growth and development of associates, with attention to how their talents can best be utilized to meet current and future business needs.
- Results oriented: Must deliver measurable and auditable results in policy deployment targets and key performance indicators.
- Values consistent with Danaher’s culture and places the best interests of the organization ahead of personal gain. Must follow the Danaher standards of business and personal ethics, policies, and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in countries where we and our partners operate.
- Sense of urgency: Must have a bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, discipline mindset and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, advanced degreepreferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with transportation/ logistics and Warehousing
- Lean process experience including visual management and transactional processes
- Record of success implementing measurable improvements in T&L
- Direct leadership responsibility within global transportation and logistics environment
- Experience leading a team and navigating within a matrixed structure preferred
- Materials system experience
- Program development experience with sustained results
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Fluency in English required, Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Up to 50% travelrequired
- Required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Consists of an indoor work office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.