Tracking Code 179068-846Job Description
*Position will be located in Monroe/Northville (Dec. 2018)
- The Global Director will be responsible for a multi-generational Technology Roadmap and associated technical strategic planning process, as well as, technical input required for MGPR’s.
- Manage the internal and external research activities to support knowledge for future product and technology direction; own and drive Innovation process and execution.
- Work closely with university and industry partners developing existing/new relationships in the creation of next/future generation products and ‘breakthrough’ research projects within the ride performance technology offering.
- A key consultant to the Product Council and lead the R&D Council.
- Provide technical thought leadership and scouting on new potential technology, ensuring technical due diligence is carried out to align with strategy and commercial viability.
- Foster collaborative relationships with customers, key suppliers, and strategic development partners.
- Lead a team of +15reports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute research and benchmarking activities to support near and long term business strategies
- Create and maintain a technology roadmap, which supports the business strategy and product roadmap.
- Promote Tenneco’s position and direction in external industry forums
- Prepare and present technical assessments, for internal decision makers as well as for customers and others in the technical community
- Own and execute an innovation process to identify technology opportunities to accelerate growth of the business
- Responsible for developing and executing Tenneco’s IP strategy, aligned with strategic business objectives
- Attend training sessions, seminars, and conferences to expand job knowledge and skills and network with academics, professional colleagues, suppliers, and customers
- Contribute to the development of requirements documents, work instructions, design guidelines, process flows and standardization techniques throughout the organization
- Support the business in developing and delivering messaging to promote Tenneco’s product portfolio and technical capability
- Support staff, commercial, customer and management teams with expert technical knowledge
- Travel up to 30%
- Master Science or higher in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical)
- MBA (preferred)
- Well networked within “Vehicle Dynamics” and/or related sectors
- Used to presenting to and working at a high organizational level across different cultures
- Outward looking and visible position within the automotive sector and technology partners (e.g. universities)
- Strong understanding of System Integration and System Engineering principles including defining product/system requirements
- Knowledge in the field of controls, algorithms, embedded software development, and calibration processes
- Strong understanding of component, system and vehicle testing protocols
- Experience in international multidisciplinary team environments
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the Automotive industry and a proven record of accomplishment in connecting emerging technologies
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in strong fundamentals in vehicle dynamics & ride performance