Client is Eager to Hire: Sharp, savvy, progressive global manufacturing procurement leader with expertise in creating category and driving global strategy for raw materials and chemicals, coming out of consumer products industry:
Leadership of the global procurement categories (Raw Materials/ Flavor & Fragrances) including providing close functional and strategic direction to a geographically dispersed group of global procurement. The ongoing development, validation, sustainable implementation, and review/update of the category strategy ensuring close alignment with business requirements.
- Create and direct the global procurement and sourcing strategies for all Global Raw Materials, and Chemicals.
- Manage global direct spend of over $200+ million and over 400 suppliers to successfully support business requirements by selecting, negotiating, contracting, and managing suppliers' new and existing products in a manner that optimizes quality, service, innovation, and cost objectives.
- Support R&D and Marketing for externally sourced new product and innovation collaboration opportunities.
- Directly responsible for a team of 2 procurement professionals and have globally responsibility dotted line to EU resources
- Create and direct the global procurement and sourcing strategies for a combined spend of over $200 MM in Raw Materials and Chemicals in support of 6 manufacturing locations around the world (Florida, North Carolina, Mexico, Spain, Italy and South Africa)
- Lead cross functional category teams to develop and implement robust category plans that deliver a competitive advantage
- Drive supplier identification, negotiation and selection processes in support of the six manufacturing plants
Preferred & Required Skills:
BS/BA degreerequiredpreferred background in Chemistry or related Science. MBApreferred or equivalent knowledge gained through experience. English proficiency. Global procurement experience.
- 8+ yrs procurement experience sourcing, negotiating, and leading procurement projects with raw materials.
- Strong global strategic sourcing and procurement experience within a senior procurement role
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to lead and develop team to raise the bar in category management
- Strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency, driven and motivated
- Analytical; Proficient in EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT; experience in building should cost model, using Ariba and SAP is preferred
- Capability in developing sourcing strategies and leading the implementation
- Full knowledge of internal sourcing/procurement procedures and processes, and knowledge of the external trends and best practices
- Leadership of complex global projects, strategy development and implementation
- Ability to develop performance measures for categories
- Deep knowledge of the relevant supply markets
- Ability to influence peers and geographically dispersed teams
- Effective communication and presentation competencies