Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure provides mission-critical and business-critical solutions to governments and service providers. A global leader, proven innovator, and trusted partner, our software and industry expertise help improve the lives of millions of people through safer communities, better public services, and more reliable infrastructure. Visit hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information, automate business processes and improve productivity. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 18,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.1bn USD. Learn more at hexagon.com.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is looking for a Global Director of Sales Enablement who has a strong background in program/project management, as well as current or previous sales experience. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of sales and marketing dynamics with the ability to synthesize field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive sales enablement plan. This individual will have exceptional interpersonal skills that enable him/her to build an open, two-way communication channel between the business and the sales field. In addition, this individual will have strong planning and organizational skills to ensure the successful execution of the programs that support business goals. By thinking boldly and creatively, and by understanding, analyzing and documenting trends and future direction for identified programs, you will champion new ways of success.
The Global Director of Sales Enablement will report to our CTO, but most of their success will be realized through influencing and leveraging the groups and leaders across the globe who contribute to enablement.
Goals & Objectives
- Prepare all regions to win more and better business by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of sales, technical pre-sales, and marketing efforts
- Assess and provide visibility of program effectiveness in terms of pipeline growth, win rates, breadth of engagement, effectiveness of content, sales tools, etc
- Lead in developing the overall master plan of enablement activities for the year
- Expedite selling and promotion of new products by regions. Monitor and assess effectiveness
- Assess and provide visibility of the effectiveness of messaging, content, and sales tools, regional selling and engagement, and the training and support delivered
- Share insight and coordinate with leaders of regions to continually enhance solutions, positioning, content, and selling through market intelligence and internal feedback
- Connect global sales teams to the most relevant content for each opportunity in the buying cycle across all channels serving the Hexagon Safety and Infrastructure markets
- Enable sellers to get the training (onsite and virtually) they need and measuring how effectively that training delivers bottom line results
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage horizontally across all functional projects involved with the sales enablement program
- Effective offers - solution technical and commercial match
- Better positioning - align pitch and engagement to local needs (market opportunities, legislation/regulation, buying processes, buyers, influencers and users, channels, competitive landscapes, etc.)
- Effective training and support
- Content and sales tools. Design a compelling portfolio of sales tools, resources, incentives and referral opportunities for our partners and a model for connecting strategic opportunism with our partners and sales team
- References – Drive the creation of a global reference database with current, accurate content maintained by the countries
- Develop, implement and track sales enablement programs, including training initiatives (new hire and continued education), incentives and rewards, content strategies, playbooks, customer stories, and ongoing communications
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing and Product Line Management, use input from Support and FP&A
- Create written content to educate sales team and advance deals such as sales training materials, webinars, sales case studies, competitive information fact sheets and custom work
- Train global sales on Hexagon technologies, enhance their skills in “sales story-telling” and answering to customer problems
- Design a compelling portfolio of sales tools, resources, incentives and referral opportunities for our partners and a model for connecting strategic opportunism with our partners and sales team
- Assist on sales calls and demos as needed
- Determine content adoption metrics and define sales enablement best practices
- Gather feedback from sales team on a regular basis to constantly improve support programs
- Frequent global travelrequired
- BS degreerequired in a related field, MSpreferred
- 8-10 years of relative experience
- Experience developing, implementing and tracking sales enablement programs including training initiatives (new hire and continued education), incentives and rewards, content strategies, playbooks, customer stories, and ongoing communications
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute those planes
- Experience in channel sales or sales support role preferred
- Basic knowledge of Hexagon SI products and industries
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively under limited supervision
Req# ID 2018-3926