ABOUT THE COMPANY
Circle K is a renowned convenience store brand known worldwide for quality products and excellent customer service. We are a Global Fortune 200 company and consider ourselves the ‘biggest start-up’ though we have been in existence for more than 40 years. We have more than 14,500 convenience stores across US, Canada, and Europe.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are embarking on many exciting new Brand, Food, eCommerce, and Omni-Channel initiatives to drive a seamless digital customer experience. It is an exciting time to be at Circle K. We are accelerating our efforts to deliver a differentiated customer journey that engages our priority segments and sets us up to unlock growth. To achieve our ambitions, we are looking for an experienced Global Director of Digital Platforms to translate the “voice of the customer” into the cohesive strategy for our primary digital channels, specifically mobile app, web, and digital displays.
The ideal candidate is willing to roll up their sleeves, tuned into our customers, and committed to producing optimal outcomes that make a material difference. The Global Director of Digital Platforms will establish a vision and robust road-map for our digital channels, identify optimization opportunities, and drive implementation. This is an enterprise position supporting global, regional, and cross-functional groups based in Charlotte, NC.
Chart the Course & Leadership:
- Articulate, set, and execute a global digital vision that aligns with broader enterprise goals to enhance the customer journey by delivering differentiated experiences across crucial digital touchpoints.
- Prioritize business requirements, platform, technology & ecosystem investments, and experience concepts for mobile, website, and other digital displays.
- Build a successful digital strategy that leads to a synchronized operating model in which all the company’s channels maintain a singular brand voice and feel consistent and engaging to the customer at each step, from acquisition to conversion to loyalty.
- Apply strong working knowledge of various key technologies with the team spanning from modern web, API integrations, cloud, and mobile technologies to understanding autonomous systems, AI, and emulation/simulation sciences.
- Utilize a high level of leadership skills and emotional intelligence to direct and lead a high performing global team. Build, nurture, energize, recognize, and develop your team.
- Define and optimize project management and day-to-day operational processes, KPIs, and measurement tools to improve communication, compliance, and program effectiveness/impact.
- Develop data management and governance protocols for our digital channels, emphasizing security, handling sensitive data, retention, user data protection, and anonymization.
Execute with Excellence:
- Effectively manage the delivery of digital solutions, identifying priorities, and understanding their interdependencies and resource requirements.
- Identify, build, and champion new platform functionalities.
- Drive discovery, planning, and implementation.
- Sync online and in-store platforms enabling a consistent and seamless end-to-end customer experience.
- Develop and manage a 3rd party ecosystem, including DevOps and developers.
- Grow traffic, analyze progress and customer response to the mobile app and web customer journeys, and generate measurable insights.
- Maintain oversight of interactive digital initiatives and improve agile development processes that are lean and focused on deliverables.
Partnership and Relationship Management:
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders and advise them on their digital strategy and transformation programs.
- Influence change and business decisions at all levels of the organization and externally through exportation of best practices, socialization of new learnings, and achievement of higher customer satisfaction/retention stemming from digital investments.
- Work with cross-functional, global, and regional business leaders to develop the road-map for mobile and web multi-generational product/experience plans as opportunities are identified, and solutions are developed. Ensure that those plans are appropriately prioritized, scoped, and implemented.
- Establish an always-on, continuous feedback loop with the global tech and user experience teams to ensure alignment from project definition through execution.
- Demonstrate a passion for our customers, evangelize their needs, and possess a genuine enthusiasm to innovate on their behalf.
- Ensure customer and journey insights are translated into a compelling mobile and web experiences.
- Turn consumer needs, analytics data, and deep “Voice of the Customer” understanding into insights that inform the creation of a digital transformation road-map.
Push for Growth & Innovation:
- Foster a culture of digital-first innovation within your team and across the enterprise.
- Be courageous in your thinking such that you go beyond set boundaries to create a new vision that results in demonstrable impact.
- Enrich the organization with a deep understanding of emerging consumer behaviors, unarticulated needs, and opportunities/threats to pinpoint sources of competitive advantage that inspire innovation of the customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Design, Engineering, Digital Technology or a relevant discipline and 10+ years of experience with progressive growth in the digital experience arena, advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of business management/leadership experience, including direct management experience and experience mentoring/developing.
- An understanding of retail and background in creating enterprise tools. 5+years in the Retail, CPG, and/or E-commerce space.
- Extensive experience with customer experience, digital commerce, digital innovation, technology stacks, and developing a multi-year strategy growth.
- Must have a good understanding of formulating and executing a digital strategy and launching new products and services through technology enablement.
- Firm grasp of web technologies and architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible, and maintainable web applications and services.
- Knowledge and familiarity with UX design, customer experience, mobile app and web technology systems/specifications and interdependencies.
- Experience shaping customer behavior to drive business growth on mobile app and web.
- Capable of translating business requirements to customer experience concepts on mobile apps and web platforms coupled with the execution acumen to simultaneously balance multiple complex projects.
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track record of articulating and communicating a vision of technology impacts products and customer use cases.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high-quality platforms that balance technical and business goals.
- A seasoned, balanced, and comprehensive thinker with an ability to thrive in a geographically dispersed team-based environment on multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of processes and technologies involved in cyber-security is a strong plus.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.