Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter. Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for the person who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
We are looking to hire a Global Director of Daas Pursuit for Lenovo. Lead Pursuit Management professionals and Expert-Level Individual Contributors in one or more of the Pursuit Functions, including but not limited to specialty pursuit, service principals and service architects.
• Set the direction and manage the deliverance of the assigned pursuit roles and achieving order, revenue, gross margin and expense objectives.
• Resolve customer problems and participates in important negotiations with key customers.
• Build strategic executive relationships externally with clients and internally and partners withinternal and external resources to develop best- in-class solutions for customer.
• Manage the performance of individual contributors and the team overall, and grows and develops talent within the organization.
• Apply expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving complex business/technical issues within established policies.
• Manage activities of individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or Managers.
• Be accountable for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact onbusiness unit results and organizational strategy.
• Act as a key advisor to upper management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization.
• Recruit and support development of direct staff members.
Pursuit coverage – Build well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving pursuit activities to achieve financial objectives; collaborates within company and with thefield to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of specialty pursuit and pursuit resources.
Account Planning – Assist in planning pursuit strategy; manage the internal processes in support of pursuit reps and selling activities; align tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy; actively develops and manages geography business plans to meet quotas; develops plans that articulate the strategic requirements essential for focusing pursuit activities, forecast appropriately and communicate pursuit progress; actively manage and sign off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates. Use competitive intelligence to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer’s buying decisions.
Pipeline management – Build, monitor, and orchestrate pursuit pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long-term opportunities; manage the size, shape, and quality of pipeline; analyze overall win rates and win/loss ratios. Balance quick wins against longer pursuit-cycle opportunities to ensure both immediate wins and long-term profitability for company.
Deal management – Review deals to ensure they are sound from a financial, legal, business, delivery, and operations perspective
Strategic Planning – Translate business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect therequirements and opportunities within pursuit. Align team to account, market opportunities, and with upstream strategic plans and metrics. Set pursuit priorities and metrics.
Execution – Actively manage business plans to meet quotas and other financial metrics that will advance the business interests of company. Determine if an opportunity is profitable for thecompany. Manage the top- and bottom-line – monitors, discounts, and margins involved in individual deals to align them with budget expectations.
Organizational Improvement – Continuously monitor, troubleshoot, and improve pursuit practices to ensure alignment with company’s business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance, and a highly-motivated team.
Business acumen – Exhibit a mature level of business, financial, and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations
Leading & Managing Pursuit/Pursuit People
• Coaching & Performance Management – Assess and manage employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsel and supports individuals through selling challenges; manage performance and results of individuals through selling challenges; manage performance and results of high and low performers.
• Leadership – Model effective selling skills; motivate and supports pursuit teams in selling; demonstrate a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
• People development – Nurture and advance the talent required to maintain company pursuit excellence; sponsor and direct skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of pursuit.
• Change management – Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a pursuit team through transitions beyond their control.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones, tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We're looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, IT and/or related field
• 10+ years of experience in a similar role managing the pursuit of opportunities in the Services space.
• Must have demonstrated experience managing key relationships and working with senior sales teams. Developing sound relationships with clients and working with the sales team to win new business is vital.
• Past experience managing a team of 5-10 employees
• Strong technical skills, able to understand, articulate, demonstrate and converse with senior technology executive prospects
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), able to make client presentations and engage with C-level executives and technology leadership with prospects and customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.