About the Opportunity
Primary accountability of role is to ensure our Global Support Functions, R&D as well as our DAP BU are enabled through all facets ofHR and the People Agenda, ensuring we have the right talent and people leadership as well as employees who are engaged and can perform to meet the company objectives.
- Works in partnership with BU Leadership, HR – Centers of Expertise, and HR – People Operations to meet the People Agenda goals and desired outcomes
- Facilitates and owns the BU/Functional People Agendas, philosophy and performance metrics, ensuring the organization is making progress against its objectives
- Accountable for the application of key HR process and outcomes, including all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Acts as a steward of the company culture, coaching leaders in modeling the way
- Assesses and diagnoses “unit” performance needs and risks and creates strategies to address
- Partners with COE’s to identify business needs and then applies turnkey solutions within the business to achieve desired outcomes
- Oversee key People Agenda and talent initiatives
- Lead “unit” talent planning execution; Align talent development & acquisition priorities
- Facilitate succession planning at leadership levels
- Identifies and oversees opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provides enterprise level leadership on all facets of Human Resources as a contributing member of the GHRLT
- Contributes to department and Driscoll’s company culture objectives as defined by company vision, mission and values
- Responsible for direct and indirect people management
- Represents Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers and the business community at large
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products
Key Outputs / Deliverables
- BU/Functional People Agendas
- Key People Agenda Metrics/Targets including:
- People Leader Effectiveness Driver
- Engagement Driver
- Performance Enablement Driver
- Succession health, conversion, turnover, etc.
- Succession Plans
- Strategic mindset with in-depth knowledge of how the function enables the business
- Experience in multiple human resource disciplines including: talent management (advanced), organizational development and effectiveness (advanced), compensation practices, , employee engagement, and performance management
- Ability to navigate and drive change
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex, business issues
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, with a wide variety of employees from field environment to corporate setting.
- Strong critical thinking skills to challenge multiple perspectives with objectivity and logic
- Active developer of talent
- Courage to address issues or obstacles that are blocking the organization from achieving its objectives.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to plan and align across multiple functions both within HR as well as across Driscoll’s enterprise
- 8- 12years of increasing responsibility in an HR function
- Bachelor’s degreerequired (MBA preferred)
- 20-30% travelrequired
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travelinternationally without restrictions
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Job Requisition ID: R0000821