Global Director Field & Marketing Operations & Excellence
Overview: Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNAi as a new class of medicines with a core focus on RNAi therapeutics toward genetically defined targets for the treatment of serious, life-threatening diseases with limited treatment options for patients and their caregivers. In January 2015, we announced our “Alnylam 2020” guidance that reflects our expected transition from a late-stage clinical development company to a multi-product commercial-stage company with a sustainable development pipeline. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in 2015 and 2016. We are looking for an experienced field and marketing operations and excellence leader who can drive strategy globally while executing on operations in the US market. This position will report into the Commercial Excellence lead and be responsible for a broad series of capabilities, including; marketing excellence, field excellence, field operations, incentive compensation, transparency, and additional scope as we scale. With several product launches coming this role will cover all brands and territories and will need to build and hire a team (size TBD). Given that we are in the early stages of commercial capability development there is an incredible opportunity to shape the commercial organization in the critical competencies mentioned above. True opportunity to build a team, technology, governance, and process. We will also have a bit of fun at the same time… The position is located in Cambridge, MA. Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Global Field and Marketing Excellence leadership focused on the development of governance, business process, and technology to enable scalability and sustainability.
- Guide sales (field) and marketing leaders to ensure strategies can be enabled through operations.
- Become an integral part of the field and marketing teams to ensure far-sighted planning and implementation of operations.
- US Marketing Ops specific responsibilities: Med/Reg/Legal review, Speaker Program Operations, Promotional Materials Mgmt, Meetings Mgmt, Conventions Mgmt, External Agency (Vendor) Mgmt, and Transparency Operations.
- US Field Operations specific responsibilities: Targeting, Operational Business Intel, Incentive Compensation, Field Resources, Fleet, Alignments, field force effectiveness, and additional field ops as needed.
- Provide input and facilitate business process assessments, making recommendations and facilitating implementation across sales and marketing.
- Deep partnership cross-functionally to ensure development and execution of best in class field incentive program.
- Build and run field technology and field communication strategy.
- Development and involvement in the sales/marketing strategic planning process.
- Provide support to the Senior Director of Commercial Excellence in the overall sales/marketing strategic planning process
- Bachelor’s required: MBA preferred
- 10+ years sales and marketing operations/excellence experience
- Experience in working in various departments, managing various teams (sales, marketing, market access, patient services)
- Orphan product launch experience is strongly preferred, but not mandatory
- Possess knowledge and expertise in supporting field teams to meet objectives under compliant rules and regulations
- Demonstrated leadership in working in matrix environment and influencing management decisions
- Effective planning, prioritization, management, and organizational skills
Expectations: Clear Alignment with Alnylam Core Values
- Commitment to People
- Innovation and Discovery
- Sense of Urgency
- Open Culture
- Passion for Excellence
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Communication Skills: Able to simply communicate complex messages, accurately understand specific needs of intended audience and tailor communication accordingly, detail oriented with ability to understand big picture impact
- Work Style: Works collaboratively across expertise areas and functions; seeks to advance higher goals; highly regarded across stakeholders both at senior and junior levels; inspires trust at all levels; patient-centric, and passionate about innovation and discovery