The Global Director of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) is committed to protecting the environment, health, safety and security of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop extraordinary products. This role supports a fast-paced, results driven culture and will further develop the evolving global EHSS program in our changing global climate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an EHSS strategy for a growing company that is continuing to integrate and harmonize our processes, people, infrastructure and culture.
- Connecting EHSS best practices and mission to all other areas of the company to build a high performing network of cross functional members that will be instrumental in shifting the mindset of the organization from reactive to proactive.
- Provide EHSS leadership, guidance and direction to Leaders and departments throughout the company.
- Develop, maintain and review of company Environmental, Health and Safety Programs to ensure they represent best practices, while meeting and exceeding both global legislation and corporate requirements.
- Engage with customers to ensure alignment in objectives and service/performance expectations of the group.
- Ensure that EHSS procedures, programs and practices are integrated into business systems and operations; establish compliance and assurance protocols; measure the efficacy of results; communicate lessons learned from investigations and other sources of information (i.e. gap analysis, risk assessments).
- Implement effective but lean EHSS risk management methodologies for operations and projects, including but not restricted to new product introductions for R&D and commercial.
- Ensure appropriate applications, permits, data reports, records, and documentation are collected, prepared, timely submitted and maintained as required by governing agencies.
- Maintain environmental safety and sustainability metrics to support Gentherm’s Environmental Social Governance objectives.
- Support global enterprise risk management process development and sustainability
- Developing, maintaining, and managing the company’s worker’s compensation standards and procedures. Implements all matters of the program, including claims investigations, settlements, and litigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Environmental Science.
- 15 years’ experience in Environment, Health, and Safety with in depth knowledge of EHSS regulatory requirements and technical codes of practice. Particularly OSHA, and global regulations.
- 5 years of experience managing Global EHS programs in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- 5 years of experience leading a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience with crisis management, creating and implementing emergency response plans for EHSS related issues (e.g. COVID-19, H1N1, Active Shooter, Bomb Threat, Weather Conditions) while maintaining business continuity.
- Ability to lead an investigation using established investigation techniques.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to motivate change and make an impact.
- Have proven expertise in the EHS functional space and hold professional certifications in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influence, planning, organization, and time management skills. Strong leadership abilities with energy and enthusiasm.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.