Director, Data Communication
If you thrive in making a positive impact on the world in a high-expectations environment where challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement is the way of life - then we are the company for you. We are seeking a Director Data Communication to drive improvements in delivering data and insights to our customers to enable decision makers and scientists to protect lives, the environment and infrastructure. Make a difference - join us and contribute to our important work helping protect lives and the environment.
Our client is a global leader in sensors, stations, and intelligent networks. Their solutions provide valuable insights that help Water and Weather Experts protect lives, the environment and infrastructure. They serve customers worldwide with Sales and Service coverage in more than 90 countries and production facilities in the United States, Germany and The Netherlands.
The position is based in our Loveland, Colorado R&D Center and will lead our Data Communication Team. This role is responsible for enabling our customers data value chain through New Product Development and evolving current products.
The scope of responsibility includes acquisition of data from sensors, transmitting data from remote sites and providing the data hand off to our internal software solutions and other data storage systems required by customers. This role will have a global multi-site team supporting them in delivering these solutions.
Your main responsibility is to ensure that solutions are designed, documented and delivered according to the expectations from our customers. You will lead design and architecture of solutions that continuously improve our customers user experience.
- You would cultivate and enables breakthrough thinking to drive growth through Relentlessly Attracting, Engaging and Developing People and by Inspiring a team to achieve greatness. Encourage team to develop passion around what the project is, why it is important, and what impact their work as on the outcome and how to achieve.
- Demonstrated ability to drives for results. Can execute programs to meet quality, performance, schedule, and cost targets.
- Encourages Balanced Risk Taking to Advance Innovation and challenges processes and finding a better way to do things. Identifies and remove barriers for the team.
- Identifies key dependencies and risks, and partners with other functions to get these resolved.
- Leads and drive complex, high impact, cross-functional projects through collaboration with the Product Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams. Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrates thought leadership through being able to consider ideas from a broad range of sources and pivot when new ideas or information is learned.
- Demonstrated program management experience leading in a global environment.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements
- BS in Engineering, Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten or more years leading in a product development, engineering, or data solutions programs with IOT experience preferred and a passion for technology.
- Broad understanding of processes supporting new product development, including defining user needs, design thinking and rapid concepting, business case development, design for reliability, design for manufacturing, serviceability, usability.
- Possess five years minimum experience in project management of new product development projects from early concept through commercialization. Experience with Agile or LEAN project management preferred.
- Experience balancing resources and competing priorities.
- Proven problem-solving skills. Influencing without authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Working in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment.