We are seeking a Global Director, Business & Lab Operations Process Specialist to join our Global Marketing team at our Lake Forest office in Illinois. In this role, you will lead the Business & Lab Process Engineering team in the design and delivery of pre and post assessments at customer sites to quantify and prove the value of process and technology improvements. You and your team will work directly with the customer to document and publish these proof assessments in a standardized and globally scalable fashion.
Who You Are:
- You have ideas about how to maintain the integrity of global processes. You approach things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details. You get a lot of pleasure in seeing projects through.
- You’re passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all the pieces together.
- You’re passionate about impact, processes and great design. You have experience designing and/or implementing operations processes in resource-constrained environments. You love to travel and are comfortable navigating tough situations.
- You easily communicate and envision processes concepts and know the best channels to communicate something new to an audience - think your team, different stakeholders, distributors and public vs private organizations.
- Champion business process and operation methods and work on improvements from proposal stage through implementation with both internal team members and external customers.
- Develop and maintain method to measure and quantify our customers’ efficiency and healthcare outcomes improvement (including health economic results across key stakeholders (patients, physicians, etc.) and their healthcare organization.
- Compile operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends across all relevant sites globally.
- Instill teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative business process and operation method solutions while respecting deadlines.
- Be collaborative. Contribute to healthy team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
- Foster cross functional relationships to create a cooperative work environment in support of corporate goals.
- Build a culture of continuous learning through sharing industry knowledge gained through participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, etc.
- Recommend ways customers can achieve enhanced business outcomes (cost savings, etc.) through improvements in department systems and technology utilization.
- Collaborate with customer to set measurable improvement targets and establish a method to quantify the value of those targets.
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with your manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Be the point person in collecting data that shows the impact through the solutions brought to market.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiencerequired.
- 12 years of progressively responsibleexperience.
- Understanding of the complexities of the diagnostics market/customer needs and knowledge of applicable US and non-US relevant regulations, as well as laboratory environment (pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical). Understands existing and emerging market needs, trends, and policies in the healthcare industry.
- Previous leadership experience driving the execution of critical strategies and programs across a large organization through competence in negotiation, influencing without authority, strong attention to detail, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and teamwork with colleagues, customers, and key stakeholders in a cross-functional setting.
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity.
- Masters in a process engineering or related field with experience in operations management or related role in a healthcare setting, including exposure to high volume clinical laboratories.
- Training in leansix sigma principles or project management with certification in ASCP, CAP, CLIA, JCAHO, and NCQA and/or local equivalent.
- Experience in a global position.