The Global Director of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics defines the strategy, governance and operation of the “BI & Data Analytics” function for the organization. He will manage the “BI & Data Analytics” function and lead the planning, evaluation and selection of the appropriate scientific capabilities for the organization. He will also help the BI & Data Analytics team to have the best possible B&DA skills, processes and technologies. The Director of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics will advise the leadership team to develop and deliver organization-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including the development and application of algorithmic models to obtain information, improve decision making and automate processes. The Global Director of A&D will also be responsible for the implementation of a Global Center of Excellence for Data and Analytics (CoE) which will leverage regional capacities and the WSP India Resource Center (ICRC).
- Define a data and analytics strategy : Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics. This includes governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications, and automated decision making. Creates value by unlocking and sharing data and information in ways that drive innovation.
- Establish data governance : Move from a data strategy to a data governance system in order to strengthen data access, quality and analytical capacities. Governance can include a training program, a data management model, and data standards. Develop and maintain controls over data quality, interoperability and their sources in order to effectively manage the risks associated with the use of data and analytics. Strive to reduce the cost of data management and increase data quality.
- Identify and Define Data and Analytics Investments : Work with IT and business unit leaders to identify areas requiring technical needs for future data science capabilities. Lead the development and deployment of the data and analytics platform. Identify and prioritize enterprise data projects and initiatives utilizing data science functionality.
- Advise and produce reports : Act as an advisor on data analysis. Lead and / or sit on steering committees and help management teams use their data effectively. Drive the creation of a data-driven culture, related skills and data culture across the organization.
- Facilitate internal and external collaboration: Collaborate with industry data experts to enable a proactive approach to building knowledge from a variety of data sources. Apply expert knowledge and mastery of advanced mathematical / statistical / computational methods, theories and standards to analyze business results and reports, relevant external publications, etc. Recommend and provide appropriate technical advice to ensure the success of the function. Interacts with business sectors and IT on B&DA solutions.
- Identify opportunities for new data products : Lead strategy development for B&DA products to ensure the program becomes ubiquitous throughout the organization and helps create new revenue streams. Collaborate with IT leadership to ensure digital products are delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality. Be a champion of information services and related B&DA features.
- Set up the CoE B&DA team and define its operating model : Implement and lead a centralized center of excellence which will exploit analytical talents by bringing people together in a multifunctional "hub" and by centralizing activities of business, ranging from strategy and governance to awareness and education, standardization of processes, management and execution of projects.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field (business administration, computer science, data science, information science, etc.)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the field of BI & Data Analytics, including building partnerships, implementing data governance and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable innovation in data in a medium to large organization.
- Knowledge of computer programming, query languages and internet data visualization platforms, have knowledge of Power BI tool and Oracle Analytics Cloud technology.
- Demonstrated ability to develop data strategies, policies and procedures, as well as the successful execution of programs that meet or exceed expectations in a dynamic environment;
- Experience in building tools and features to aid data collaboration, ensure data quality, and load, cleanse, enrich, manage and share data and metadata from various sources.
- Knowledge of “Big data” technologies and the Oracle toolset (ODI, OIC, OAC, ADW, etc.) and extraction and transformation tools (ETL).
- Proven ability to manage and supervise staff and special projects
- Available to travel at least 4 weeks per year.