The Global Design Principal reports directly to the LEO A DALY President as an integral member of the Global Design Leadership group, a small group of design principals responsible for establishing, leading and maintaining a common design platform and dialogue for the firm in all facets of our work. The Global Design Principal will closely collaborate with the Omaha Managing Principal, while working with the Omaha Director of Design to implement best design practices, the Omaha Director of Business Development to position the firm to win work, and the Omaha Director of Operations to develop project execution strategies and supplement employee recruitment and retention efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes and executes a strategic plan for design within the Company and Omaha office including goals to elevate overall design direction, philosophy, and policies and foster a positive, collaborative design excellence culture.
- Serves as a technical expert available to consult and plan the design process, provide design direction and recommendations, and solve problems of large scope and complexity.
- Represents the Company and the Omaha office during the monthly Global Design Principal’s call and serves as primary design outreach to other LEO A DALY offices. Maintain contact with key leaders across the brand to stay abreast of the quality and capabilities of other offices and their personnel and collaborate for on-going design strategy development.
- Participates in strategy formation, assessments of needs and relevant trends, and recommends improvements relative to tools and methods of implementation of architectural software, design procedures, standard details, and master specifications.
- Contributes and develops ideas, leads efforts and actively engages in the Company’s research and development initiatives.
-Represents and elevates the Company and the Omaha office as a recognized design expert in the public realm and initiates outreach to the external design community.
- Provides thought leadership and serves as an advocate for LEO A DALY and design by attending, exhibiting, and participating in industry organizations and authoring articles for publication.
- Performs marketing and business development activities including establishing, building, and maintaining working relationships with key clients and strategic partners, assisting to develop capture plan strategies, contributing to proposal writing, and attending client interviews to win work.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships and outreach with regional architecture programs.
- Participates in recruitment and retention activities in coordination with the Omaha Managing Principal and Omaha Director of Operations.
- Works closely with the LEO A DALY President and Omaha office leadership to execute projects to the highest quality, on time, within budget, and in a collaborative environment.
- Leads, plans, participates in and monitors the design process as well as the production of narratives, reports, graphics, design presentations, drawing and specification documents. Establishes, designs, and specifies project-appropriate architectural requirements.
- Attends client and internal meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others regarding design issues during various stages of project development.
- Assists in creating a process of design reviews, critiques, charrettes and similar design activities. Ensuring and influencing an adherence to a design excellence attitude in all things LEO A DALY beyond projects.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 15+ years’ experience including proven track record of leading the design of large-scale projects. Experience in workplace, commercial, education and healthcare markets is preferred.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to a number of concurrent projects in various stages.
- Proven track record of success in building, maintaining, and growing client and strategic partner relationships
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm.
- Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets.
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of trends.
- Exceptional self-motivation, customer service orientation, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- A desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership.
- Active leader and member of varied professional and community organizations