Requisition ID: 215926
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Project No.: 00000
- Grade: 29
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? Yes
- Close Date: Open Until Filled (All positions are posted for a minimum of 7 calendar days. If interested in the role, please apply as soon as possible.)
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
As the organization that touches all our employees, the Human Resources department has a special role in capitalizing on opportunities and creating the future for Bechtel.
The Global Delivery Manager of Talent Management is responsible for facilitating, and administering succession, learning and development, organizational development, and change management programs including the development of associated processes. This position will partner with Talent Management Center of Expertise (COE) leadership to assess business needs as well as employee engagement to develop customized programs as needed. In addition, this position will leverage change management techniques to support the development of culture, leadership and talent management plans while fortifying linkage to company-wide strategic goals.
- Collaborate with HR business partners and functional leads regularly to understand business objectives and analyze talent needs and work force effectiveness
- Stay current with industry trends and partner with CoE to identify and implement updates to Bechtel programs and processes.
- Manage a team of talent management, organizational development, change management, and learning and development professionals
- Create and maintain a work environment which promotes team work, performance, feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction
- Liaise with COE on diversity initiatives to promote company culture
- Responsible for budgetary oversight
- Lead and role-model the development and ongoing implementation of a change management and improvement culture
- Support managers/stakeholder in developing the case for change, including the vision for change, key milestones, challenges and what success looks like.
- Oversee the development of change plans utilizing a defined methodology, to include communications, training, engagement and resistance management to accelerate awareness, adoption and ownership within the organization
Learning & Development:
- Implement, and administer leadership, coaching and mentoring programs for all levels of employees
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of learning and performance solutions for multiple delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, performance coaching, and blended instruction for specific content areas
- Partner with strategic stakeholders and decision makers to advise and consult on implementation strategies
- Partner with key stakeholders to proactively identify training needs through needs assessments, presenting recommendations and developing learning and performance solutions to address performance gaps
- Identify and assist managers and HR business partners with employee engagement results and develop action plans for process improvement initiatives
- Lead the development and implementation of competency frameworks for Bechtel in line with business requirements and global best practice.
- Oversee the execution of tools to assess organization/individual capability to promote a culture of transparency, objectivity and consistency in how we select, develop and promote talent.
- Identify organization and team development needs with business leaders to meet project and operational priorities
- Implementation of critical talent development and succession planning programs and processes
- Work closely with HR business partners and functional leads to conduct organizational needs assessment and gap analysis to develop the right solutions
- Coach and support leaders to help them effectively implement the talent strategy
- Oversee the implementation of coaching and mentoring programs for development purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with a minimum of 17 years overall related HRexperience, and at least 6 years of specialist experience working in a talent management, learning/development or organizational development role OR 21 years overall related experience in lieu of Degree
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience, global supervisory experiencepreferred
- Evidence of business acumen with proven results in influencing and advising managers and leaders at all levels whom are both virtual and local
- Prior experienceworking with a company similar to Bechtel that has a global footprint with multiple business units
- Proven HRGeneralist knowledge and experience across a broad range of HR work processes, Policies, Systems and tools
- Possess service mindset and ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions with little or no supervision and be accountable for such actions
- Ability to work in a high-volume transaction environment
- Proactive, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement and measurement processes
- Strong change management skills, including experience training and presenting to large groups
- Prior experience developing innovative solutions to complex issues
- Data analytics skills and abilities
- Effective communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel 10-15%
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.