This position is a technical role within the Data Mining and Modeling (DM&M) team, a leveraged support team providing services throughout NSEE. The DM&M group is part of the SC Expertise Center within Global Manufacturing & Operational Excellence.
The responsibilities of the DM&M group include: defining DM&M strategy, developing and managing best practices/MET for DM&M, solving commercial and technical problems, consulting on tools and approaches, supporting data miners abroad, building/managing DM&M skills across Sealed Air enabling DM&M projects & personnel and leveraging external resources.
DM&M facilitates two types of advanced analytics. The first is to support Opportunity Identification processes for our Supply Chain Transformation pipeline using Data Mining, the identification/discovery of value creating opportunities needed to populate our OPEX projects pipeline. The second is to provide advanced mathematical modeling applied in a decision support context and also to develop tools to faciliate overall Supply Chain management.
This individual should be able to work effectively in an independent manner with minimal direct supervision, be a good communicator, and be highly self-motivated in order to:
· Properly apply the DM&M MET process to various data mining applications.
· Consult with various clients to develop approaches to solving data mining problems.
· Work with SCF representatives and SC Business Partners to structure the value case for the data mining applications.
· Identify and document systems to be studied, identify relevant databases for targeted mining efforts, and determine and validate the quality of needed data in those databases.
· Perform necessary pre-processing and harmonization of data to create a modeling data set utilizing the most effective methods available.
· Perform detailed machine learning and statistical analysis of targeted databases for the purpose of opportunity identification/discovery and decision support.
· Deploy and manage the life cycle of the ensuing model.
· Communicate findings of data mining applications to clients.
· Work with SC IT/IS Business Partners to ensure integration of tools into global IT/IS architecture
· Stay abreast of technologies associated with unsupervised and supervised data mining and modeling.
· Provide functional support to the Data Mining and Modeling group to include data mining and modeling training, technology, communications and documentation.
A graduate degree (MS or PhD) in the following (or closely related) fields is required: statistics, econometrics, mathematics, operations research or machine learning. At least 5years of advanced modeling experience is required, 10years is preferred. Six Sigma certification is preferred.
Requisition id: 17244