Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil is looking for a Data Governance Advisor to support the strategic transformation of the finance organization to leverage the next generation SAP systems. Candidates must have background in, and passion for Data management, controllership, data analytics, financial transformations, project management and finance systems.
The Global Data Governance role will have a key responsibility in the design and implementation of the next generation financialprocesses, systems and tools – with focus on data management, competency development, governance, stewardship and monitoring.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and execute a framework to effectively manage data across a large number of business functions and senior management stakeholders
- Design and implement data ownership models to drive effective accountability, stewardship and data quality improvement
- Form and chair Data Governance Councils to advance Data Management across the organization, including design of effective metrics and KPIs to improve the visibility of data quality issues
- Partner with IT and Business Data Leads to deliver on Corporate Digital Strategy including data competency development, design of data processes, issue resolution, initiative prioritization, and definition of data quality levels
- Partner with Data Management organization on Finance Transformation Program to effectively address data conflicts and harmonization issues in support of Next Generation ERP implementations
- Develop competency and expertise across the Corporation in the Financial Data area, including the analysis of complex data relationships between financial systems, Master Data design, data structures and financial transactions
- Communicate, coordinate and present to varying levels of management across multiple stakeholders worldwide
- Proactively and creatively think of new and innovative ways to approach problems and process design
- Drive process transformation through application of analytical capability
- Assess, design and improve complex financial analysis, reporting and accounting processes
Through these activities you will participate in business decisions, improve our processes, and work closely with Finance, IT and business line management. Demonstrated performance may lead to increasing responsibility and opportunities across the financial organizations.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, 10+ years preferred
- Proven leadership experience in Financial Data Management
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and accounting systems such as SAP
- Capability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience in Process Design, Accounting, or corporate financial systems are a plus
- Experience in Oil and Gas is a plus