Global Data & Analytics Operations Director, Evernorth
Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries comprise a global health services and financial company that serves millions of people worldwide through our health, pharmacy, behavioral, dental, disability, life, accident and international products and services. Our mission is to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people we serve.
Reporting to the Head of Global Data & Analytics (GD&A) Strategy and Operations this role will be responsible for leading the centralized operations for GD&A including establishing new and strengthening existing operational processes that follow best-in-class approaches to deliver operational excellence across the organization. This role will play an essential part collaborating across internal and external matrixed stakeholders to align our various operational processes (financial and resource management, vendor management, etc.) with our business goals and objectives as we continue to evolve and expand our operating model to serve the enterprise.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the GD&A operating model and capabilities working closely with Senior GD&A Leadership to devise operational plans and budgets that align with business needs while creating operational efficiencies
- Partners with Finance and Business Managers / Chiefs of Staff to strengthen and align financial management processes with operational goals and metrics ensuring accurate forecasting, resource planning and overall financial discipline across all funding sources
- Owns the end-to-end process for on-boarding and off-boarding of GD&A employees and contractors collaborating and coordinating across the entire GD&A community to successfully coordinate processes and hand-offs across dimensions including facilities / IT, real estate, training, department owned activities.
- Works closely with GD&A functions to devise and execute a comprehensive vendor strategy that aligns with agreed upon business objectives as well as with Cigna vendor policies and procedures
- Owns the real estate and facilities strategic planning across GD&A’s real estate footprint collaborating with our HR business partners ensuring alignment with our overall talent and recruitment strategy
- Partners closely with HR to inform and align recruiting / talent strategy with financial management processes, real estate / facilities, etc.
- Leads a small team in the daily execution of operational functions including, but not limited to, contractor/vendor management, resource allocation tracking, operational reporting
- Supports efforts in support of continuous improvement work-streams and key initiatives designed to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness and improve stakeholder experience.
- Utilize quantitative data to drive business decisions and demonstrate measurable value added to the organization.
- Proactively reviews results to preempt stakeholder dissatisfaction and ensure performance targets are met.
- Regularly evaluates the efficiency of the operation’s procedures and determine/implement process improvements to promote employee satisfaction, and decrease operational expense.
- Lead root cause analysis and solution deployment plans for the site(s).
- Influences recommendations to key stakeholders through strong negotiation, written and verbal communication.
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant operations experience; including experience working in large, complex and ever-evolving organizations
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Team player, critical/enterprise thinker, and problem solver.
- Expert in managing dependencies, steering teams towards milestones, and collaborating across multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Serves as an advocate and change agent, persuades and influences courageously at all levels of the organization.
- Communicates recommendations to management/senior business leaders through effective written and verbal communication.
- Anticipates internal stakeholder and external client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short- and long-term solutions.
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new solutions to complex problems.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated record of achieving goals, promoting accountability across teams. Confident ability to drive tasks through to completion.
- Ability to create executive-level presentations.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and self-managed leader having a strong ownership mentality.
- Ability to manage change, timelines and balance multiple deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
- Coaching, mentoring and driving a vision for continuous improvement.
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in often-ambiguous situations to solve complex problems and improve quality and member/client experience.
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relation issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.