About the role:
As part of the Global Business Application Market Unit CoE, the D365 Technical Architect is responsible for providing expert contribution to the Regions business, at different stages of the project lifecycle, and to global initiatives led by the CoE.
You’ll partner closely with the Regional MU Leads and teams to provide assistance or lead workstreams from pre-sale, workload assessment, customer presentations, RFP answers, QA, down to critical delivery phases when Region need the highest expertise level. You will also have a cross Region and Area role in designing overall Technical Architecture best practices guidelines, and promoting their application in all Regions.
This role covers “BA”, i.e. D365 Fin & Ops as well as Sales and Services (ERP and DSS)
- You are responsible for technical aspects of a Dynamics 365 solution architecture, and responsible for assessing workload or checking other teams assessment.
- You support quality and client delivery issues
- You Develop strong, effective relationships with Regional Technical teams, and lead knowledge sharing on your specific domain
- You team with the global Center of Excellence (CoE) on offering and asset development
- As a D365 Technical Architect, you provide architectural and big-picture oversight for development of new or enhanced software products, and are responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of the software architecture across the system.
- You provide day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams.
- You define the system, technical, and application architectures for major areas of development, and recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- You stay up-to-date on business initiatives and objectives, particularly as these relate to infrastructure and development architecture issues. You are involved in estimating customizations both in the project as in pre-sales phase
- You travel as dictated by the business (mostly in Europe, but occasionally to support projects in NA or APAC).
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You’re adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
- Perspective and helicopter view: be able to step back and take distance from details
- Strong communication skills combined with a customer oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Continuous improvement of yourself, learning new trends and products
- Be conscious of resourcing constraints, costs and economic reality
- Sense of responsibility and ownership
- Good knowledge of testing best-practices
- Fluent in English
What you should bring to the table:
- A higher degree in IT or an equivalent area
- Min. 12 years of development/programming experience, with 5 years at least in Software Architecture.
- Practical and technical background in a Microsoft development environment Knowledge of .NET is a strong asset (C# and/or VB.NET, XML, web services, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX/CRM and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Azure cloud deployment of Dynamics 365 environments and the LCS tools
- Practical database and performance skills (SQL/SSMS/Trace Parser/…)
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Requisition ID - 51252