We are seeking a high energy and innovative professional to join our Global Credit Strategy and Business Development team. You will support initiatives to scale PayPal’s credit business globally, both for consumers and merchants. As the world’s leading fintech company, PayPal’s credit products remain at the forefront of innovation and we will evaluate both existing constructs and next gen products. Strategic initiatives will deliver measurable value to the company and accelerate PayPal’s vision to democratize financial services. The position is high visibility and involves partnership with the senior executive team, all other PayPal staff levels and external stakeholders, globally.
- Strategy development: Support the development of PayPal’s global credit expansion strategy.
- Financial and data analysis: Lead and take ownership of financial and data analysis in support of global credit expansion. This primarily will be to model different global credit partnership options and will include aspects of market sizing, acquisition funnel and credit economics.
- Strategic execution: Support projects core to the strategy, specifically global partnerships. Help to develop documents to facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional team discussions as well as communicate with Senior Management.
- Global partnership: Build relationships between the global credit team and the regional leadership to ensure alignment of goals and priorities to execute against the long-term strategy.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in related fields, such as consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy/development.
- MBA or quantitativedegree from a top school (preferred but not required).
- Vertical expertise in the following areas is strongly preferred: credit, financial services, or payments.
- Can-do attitude that doesn’t shy away from complex challenges, and is only satisfied when our team surpasses expectations.
- Team-first professional who views the team’s success and cultivating relationships as essential to professional development.
- World class strategic and analytical thinking with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks and easy-to-understand language.
- Ability to use data to drive strategic objectives and tell a compelling business story.
- Ability to understand and articulate market landscapes, including competitive forces and regulation environments within the dynamic credit industry.
- Ability to lead financial modeling for partnerships, including understanding the economic drivers of a credit business as well as evaluate financial options for partnerships.
- Superior communications (verbal, prose, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Track record of influencing senior leadership and their teams in complex global organizations.
- Ability to informally lead and form relationships with colleagues and outside partners.
- Intellectually curious and desire to have fun along the way.
- Fun, outgoing and flexible.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.