Alternate LocationsFort Wayne CorpJob Description
Making an International impact right here in Fort Wayne!! The Global Headquarters for the Industry Leader in water & fuel movement systems is continuing to grow through acquisition and innovative products.As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Global Credit Manager is responsible for credit risk and collections management. Adheres to the credit policy to maximize sales while minimizing risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the corporate credit team and supports global business units with credit risk management.
- Establishes and maintains customer credit limits within established policy parameters.
- Investigates and verifies the financial status and reputation of prospective and existing customers by reviewing and analyzing credit reports, financial statements, bank references, trade credit references, and payment history.
- Performs complex analyses.
- Monitors country risk and manages company exposure as needed.
- Coordinates credit review of documentary export letters of credit.
- Influences and collaborates internally to promote an efficient quote-to-cash cycle.
- Creates, analyzes and presents periodic management reports.
- Maintains the global credit policy.
- Leads the credit group with projects, including process improvement and automation.
- Supports audit requests.
- Manages collections and credit reporting agency relationships.
- Supervises supervisory and non-supervisory employee(s).
LocationFort Wayne CorpFull-Time/Part TimeFull-timeRequirements
Skills and Abilities
- Serves as the company's subject matter expert on global credit and collection practices.
- Critical thinker with the ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, identify trends and effectively propose solutions orally, in executive meetings or board presentations.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers and business partners.
- Solid dispute resolution skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate in challenging situations.
- Must have a strong customer service focus that enhances positive relationships within the organization and externally.
- Effectively collaborates with various internal business functions to resolve issues and increase cross functional effectiveness.
- Understands accounting and financial statement analysis, with the ability to analyze detailed financial data and translate results into customer credit line decisions.
- Able to drive change by identifying, proposing and implementing improvements to eliminate, simplify, standardize and automate processes.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to inspire, coach and develop team members.
- Solid organizational and time management skills with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment with multiple changing priorities and deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field (Required)
- Five to ten years of experience in credit and collections (Required)
- Three years supervisory experience (Preferred)
- International Credit and Colledtions Management (Preferred)
- Excellent computer skills with interest and ability to learn and implement new systems.
- Advanced: MS Excel
- Intermediate:MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Accounting/ERP systems