Global Corporate Safety and Facilities Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Building Materials
The Corporate Safety and Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety, health and environmental protection goals of the Company are met and to prevent accidents and eliminate or control exposures that could result in harm to our employees and contractors. The individual is also responsible for ensuring that our facilities meet our business needs and are well maintained and secure.
- Improving, monitoring and enforcing programs, policies and procedures to prevent accidents, eliminate or control exposures and comply with policies and procedures and regulations of local, state, and federal regulatory agencies in the various countries.
- Inspecting Company facilities to identify existing or potential safety, health and environmental hazards. Recommending corrective actions or preventative measures and ensuring implementation of these measures.
- Ensuring a thorough investigation of all job related accidents and incidents; ensuring that appropriate root cause and corrective action is taken. Assists insurance and regulatory investigators with on-site investigations and inspections. Leads a crisis management team during large or catastrophic loss events.
- Leading our Corporate Safety Committee.
- Ensuring facilities have suitable safety coverage and that Facility Managers and Facility Safety Coordinators are performing their safety related responsibilities. Provides training and resources to Facility Managers, Safety Coordinators and Supervisors.
- Managing the services of our Worker’s Compensation loss prevention services.
- Promoting our safety culture and leading programs to improve the Company's overall safety culture.
- Managing our facilities to ensure that they are adequate for our business needs, well maintained and that we are mitigating any risk of loss.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations (e.g. OSHA)
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and team facilitation skills
- Minimum of 8years of experience in safety and risk management
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Ability to travel
- Master’s degree
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.