IMERYS is currently looking for a Global Competitive Strategy Manager based in San Jose, CA. Under the Global Business Development department, the Global Competitive Strategy Manager is accountable for managing the global profitability of the assets of the Filtration Division. He/she works with sales, marketing, production, R&A, process engineering and supply chain teams across the world to meet market needs from current manufacturing sites while maximizing the profit generated and participates to the creation of investment plans as well as non-organic growth projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Using financial, sales, marketing and production data, the Global Competitive Strategy Manager:
- Evaluates the profitability/capacity of the key production circuits to identify asset optimization scenarios and implement short/long term product strategy and pricing
- Defines and implements the Global Sourcing Strategy of the division, esp. sourcing changes, capacity expansions and/or reduction
- Consolidates competitor intelligence and provides comprehensive reporting on global trends and competitors moves as well as market shares and capacities
- Ensures efficient sharing of information across the regional business units on issues critical for the global profitability of the business and participates in the main business initiatives: new product development, capital investment, quality management…
- Supports the Sales & Marketing groups through joint calls/visits to key accounts as needed and participates to the definition of the strategy applied to the global tenders
- Conducts financial, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and projects
- Is in charge of the M&A pipeline/portfolio of projects of the division
- Bachelors Degree in science, engineering or related field. MBA/Masters preferred.
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with excel, ERP and financial modeling.
- Minimum of Five years of experience dealing with data analysis and market/business
- Strong understanding of financial KPIs and familiarity with financial calculations.
- Knowledge of mineral processing a plus
Skills and Attributes Required:
- This job requires a highly self-motivated person who can seek out issues that need resolution and resolve them through building relations rather than through a direct reporting structure
- Exceptional influence and persuasion skills - ability to work closely with and gain support from other individuals in cross functional roles at different levels of the organization
- Serenity and trustworthy, will be handling confidential information.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Financial acumen with ability to understand market indicators and create or manage statistical models.
- Intensive team-based problem solving with technical and organizational challenges.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Join IMERYS, and Discover what you're made of...
- Greater than 30% travelrequired (50% domestic, 50% international)
- Sitting up to 70% of work time. Standing and walking up to 30% of work time.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands to perform the essential function of this role
REQ - 00925