Description ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE
The Global Competency Manager III will work closely with the Service Lines, GE Technology COE’s, and Global Field, HR and Resource Operations Teams to establish, implement and manage a global competency management program.to ensure consistent operational process standardization is developed and executed in direct support of training and development activities globally. The Global Competency Manager III will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives within the technical learning and development domain. Maintaining a direct relationship with the quality and productivity organization is key to this role within the responsibility of developing, tracking and maintaining a global multi-service line technical competency framework that is robust and auditable. The Global Competency Manager III will also develop, maintain, analyze, and consolidate enterprise competency KPIs, rhythms, analytics, and reporting.
• Own the FieldCore Competency Frameworks that support all Field Service Functions, regardless of Service Line.
• Work with FieldCore and our GE COE partners to develop and support new competency models for segments and skill sets that are identified.
• Assist Regional Operations Managers with the administration of the regional competency programs.
• Identify global training needs based on the competency model operational feedback, partnership with Regional HRMs, Quality and Productivity Teams to develop new training programs to address the needs
• Support the activities of Manage the activities of the Talent Development team to support the assessment, design, and delivery of programs, curricula, and overall development initiatives
• Assist Regional Operations Managers with implementing and administering new team development opportunities such as Supervisor-In-Training, Mechanic-In-Training, and Technical Advisor Development Programs
• Partner with GE Teams, including the PS Competency Program Manager and PS Field Execution Council, to develop and implement programs which enhance field performance through employee development
• Collaborate with the Global Resource Operations and Global Organization and Talent Development Team to ensure best practice sharing and coordination of efforts in executing global plans for common needs such as leadership development, manager development, and professional skills training.
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to think strategically while delivering tactically in an evolving environment
• Strong collaboration, interpersonal, facilitation, and influencing skills across geographies, levels, and functions
• Ability to adapt quickly, stay flexible, and utilize resources effectively
• Global thought leadership
• Detail driven
• Time Management and planning skills
• Some travel required
• English proficiency required
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, adult education, organizational development or related field required
• Minimum 10+ years of progressive learning & development experience required.
• 4+ years of specialized industry experience
• Demonstrated success working in multi-country, matrix driven manufacturing or engineering environments.
• Experience with competency management systems.
• Strong problem-solving skills requiring sophisticated analytical thought to compare complex alternatives and select a solution that may have substantial potential business impact
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Ability to manage by influence
• Executive level presentation skills
• Some travel required