Global Commodity Manager Summary:
The Global Commodity Manager is responsible for developing global commodity strategies. They will be responsible for the commodity management including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, negotiating contracts and performance and risk management.
Global Commodity Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing global commodity strategies.
- Negotiate, review and execute the implementation of contractual arrangements.
- Identify and implement cost reduction measures through market testing and material substitution to improve company profitability.
- Implement and utilize methods for continuous improvement.
- Identify and implement.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Drive commodity savings and strategy.
- Develop sourcing strategies using proper project management principles and company policies.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective global supply markets, competitors and product innovations.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis.
- Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Meet or exceed profit goals related to the commodity.
- Communicate and work effectively with peers and upper management.
- Work with plants to resolve delivery, quality, capacity, etc. issues.
Global Commodity Manager Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience from the Automotive industry
- Experience with strategic sourcing electrical/electronics components.
- Experience with strategic sourcing within a global organization.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Strong costing and analytical skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- High degree of professionalism along with organizational skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP Systems, preferably SAP.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in sourcing strategy, market research and risk management.
- Excellent analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Ability to travel 30%.