If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water anfd fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
This position reports to Director, Global Commodities in Global Sourcing. In cooperation with Commodity Managers and Leaders globally, this position leads commodity strategies globally across the organization. The Fabrication commodity includes metal fabrication, machining, finishing, welding, and leading make versus buy analysis of castings and metals, plus otherresponsibilities. Responsible for driving and implementing commodity strategies by leading the sourcing team to accomplish organizational objectives and sourcing strategies. Maintains overall business ownership of specific commodities to include managing, facilitating, and monitoring suppliers, managing projects, serving as a resource for the assigned commodities, and through reporting of metrics. Supports new product development and value improvement strategies through Franklin Electric PDP and VIP programs. Coordinates sourcing activities across functional areas and teams within Franklin Electric.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a resident expert on factors relevant to assigned commodities, including product knowledge, applications/usage, processing knowledge, cost structure, global market, supplier capabilities, supplier market share, supplier benchmarking, etc.
- Utilizes contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with finance, to validate the impact of proposed projects and drive stakeholder approval.
- Drafts, negotiates, and executes long-term agreements and/or full-service supplier contracts, where appropriate, for assigned commodities; gains feedback and buy-in from appropriate departments such as legal, engineering, marketing, operations, quality, and from senior leadership.
- Uses strategic sourcing tools to proactively conduct spend analysis, maintains cost models and metrics by supplier and commodity, and communicates overall supplier performance, trends in technologies, and market conditions with respect to assigned commodities.
- Manages, develops, and maintains responsibility for the business relationships with suppliers.
- Leads highly strategic, global, cross-functional sourcing teams and champions the strategic sourcing process with the organization.
- Manages, develops, and implements strategies and goals for assigned commodities that support department objectives for quality, cost, and supplier development.
- Manages function to support multiple Franklin Electric manufacturing sites to coordinate and optimize sourcing and supplier management activities to enhance Franklin Electric's 5 key factors for success.
- Routinely presents proposals, recommendations, and results of commodity metrics to senior leadership.
- Serves as a commodity information resource; this includes educating, coaching, and mentoring other employees in global sourcing and planning, manufacturing, marketing, and product development.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- No direct supervision of employees is involved.
- The management functions of this position are regarding management of these critical Sourcing functions:
- Manage many part types in the Fabrication commodity at Franklin Electric. This management includes supplier relationships, engineering coordination, plant coordination, contract implementation, and market influences and factors on a global scale.
- New Product Development (NPD) -- this position will represent sourcing in selected NPD projects by managing all sourcing efforts for the product and utilize souring resources as needed.
- Benchmarks -- where significant spend and multiple Franklin Electric sites utilize a specific fabricated part type, managed projects are initiated to search out best in class suppliers to support Franklin's needs.
- Value Improvement Program (VIP) -- search out, justify, resource, and implement cost savings projects.
- Global perspective -- these management functions are coordinated on a global scale for the benefit of the entire corporation in the U.S. and abroad.
- Lead make versus buy analysis and coordinate implementation in castings and bars through consultation and coordination with other Commodity Managers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fabricated items commodity in its varied forms.
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands drawings, specifications, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Problem analysis and resolution through root cause analysis, development of alternative solutions, and implementation of best practices.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, engineering or a related field (required).
- Five years of experience in fabricated items sourcing and supplier development (required).
- Demonstrated proficiency in support of new product development and value improvement initiatives.
- Master of Business Administration degree or a master's degree in a related field (preferred).
- Intermediate: Word processing/typing, presentation/PowerPoint. ERP system experience (preferred).
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet.
Certificates and Licenses:
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) or similar preferred.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, use hands to feel, and talk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stand and walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled.