Job ID: VID003698
Videojet Technologies, Inc. seeks a Global Commodity Manager (Wood Dale, IL) for our Global Procurement team. This individual will be reporting to the Director of Global Procurement and will be responsible for developing and executing a global commodity strategy for OEM category to reduce the total cost of ownership while delivering strategic sourcing solutions that meets the business needs and minimizing risks. This individual will work with cross functional and regional teams to deliver the required levels of cost, quality, service level, minimize supply risks, and leverage innovation capability.
• Develop and execute global commodity strategy that supports the needs of the business units and product categories
• Develop an in depth knowledge of assigned commodities, global supply markets, new technologies, supply landscape and pricing trends
• Build and manage a pipeline of PPV/VAVE projects by conducting cross functional workshops throughout Videojet Technologies Inc. and help execute them
• Develop and execute Working capital turns improvement programs including payment terms extension, inventory reduction, lead time reduction, Consignment and 3PL
• Develop, negotiate and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize TCO, improve quality, minimize supply risk and assure on-time delivery.
• Prepare and conduct RFQ/RFQ’s and analyze quotes, including conducting e-auctions as needed. Conduct, analyze and perform cost break down analysis to support negotiations, to result in best overall cost and commercial terms
• Provide support to manufacturing locations for supplier performance issues related to quality and delivery
• Working with domestic and international suppliers, leverage increasing purchase volumes by negotiating volume based incentives, discounts, rebates, and commercial terms.
• Develop and execute global risk mitigation strategies
• Drive supply base consolidation
• Deliver measurable and auditable results in policy deployment targets and key performance indicators.
• Occasional travel throughout US, Europe and China may be required up to 15%
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. MBA is preferred.
• 5+ years of related experience in commodity leadership, purchasing and/or project management, Manufacturing Engineer or Design Project Engineer
• Cross functional project management experience, successfully implementing measureable improvements in the supply chain.
• Broad Supply Chain and TCO experience.
• Leading sourcing workshops and/or Kaizen events
• Strong sourcing, supply management, and negotiation skills necessary including negotiating contracts and manage business relationships
• Skills such as DFMA, Six Sigma, Root cause analysis etc., preferred.
• Demonstrated success in Working Capital (inventory, terms) and Leadtime initiatives.
• International experience desirable.
• Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
• Effective leadership and facilitation demonstrated.
• Makes and meets commitments.
Videojet Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.