This position works with the Market Development Manager/Director to develop global commercial strategies that promote Rockwell Automation products/services/solutions (for assigned portfolios, industries, or initiatives) through the appropriate channels to maximize revenue and market share.
Responsible for the overall planning, budgeting, and delivery of global commercial programs/campaigns that include inbound/outbound marketing, media relations, events, sales enablement tools, training and other pre-sale marketing communication tactics.
- Successfully manage multiple diverse projects at any one time. Motivates team members to provide input and deliverables to meet agreed deadlines.
- Understand how to applymarketing techniques to provide the most effective programs. Stay abreast of marketing trends and introduce new and creative approaches to marketing programs that grow sales revenue.
- Has an operational knowledge of how to manage and maximize shared services resources.
- Motivate direct and indirect reports to deliver programs on time and within constraints as defined by the commercial plan and budget. Motivate cross-business and cross-regional teams even when such programs are outside of their day-to-day tasks.
- Identify metrics to measure every program. Understand the tools available to determine the metrics.
- Demonstrate capability to work on multiple types of projects at any one time. Manage commercial programs for market/segments with different target audiences and drivers. Work with cross-business and cross-regional teams to leverage expertise where is it available to get the job done.
- Work effectively with other regions to develop programs that meet global needs or can be easily leveraged globally. Share development of materials so that the most appropriate region takes the lead.
- Understand customer and channel requirements to develop appropriate sales tools and promotions and measure their effectiveness.
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations as well as RA Global Sales and Marketing policies and procedures.
- Has a thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws, including, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network. #LI-JB1
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, marketing, engineering or related field.
- 8years of marketingexperience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- MBA preferred
- Business-to-business commercial marketingexperience, preferably in an industrial setting
- Experience managing, creating, planning, and executing business-to-businessmarketing communications programs for an internal communications department, publication, or advertising/public relations agency.
- Industry and product-specific knowledge
- Strong project management, interpersonal, leadership, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to sell ideas and present strategies at an executive level