Job ID: HAC005012
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
The Global Commercial Learning organization is responsible for the creation and delivery of product learning for customers, internal Hach associates, or distributors, as well as for commercial learning and development for internal associates. The Learning Program Manager will have global oversight of a portfolio of learning courses and programs and will engage in numerous global projects that will assist in driving key corporate commercial strategies. Activities will include the management of program design, development and delivery, instructor certification, and other actions as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to clearly define requirements and deliver expected results for assigned programs/projects
- Project manage, within the DBS structure, the design, development, delivery, instructor certification (for instructor-led courses), program logistics and communications for courses.
- Serve as the Master Instructor for courses and programs under your responsibility.
- Partner with instructional designer, functional managers, global marketing and business units, faculty and SMEs to identify educational needs and intervention identification.
- Act as a trusted independent advisor and subject matter expert by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice regarding learning programs/projects to business unit, Sales and Service leadership, and to external customers or distributors
- Manage ongoing course and program maintenance
- May include learning delivery annually (ILT, VILT or T3)
- Ensure assigned deliverables meet project objectives and timelines, recognizing and managing dependencies between other projects and/or initiatives
- Escalate project issues and risks as appropriate to senior management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Communication or related field
- Experience in one or more Hach vertical markets or equivalent (Waste Water, Drinking Water, Power, Beverage or Industrial Water).
- Experience of 5-7years in a learning, organizational development, or related field
- Experience in project and program management
- Multi-lingual with English and a language in a high growth region (e.g., LATAM, Asia, etc.).
- Outstanding platform skills
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theories
- Experience and outstanding capabilities engaging with external customers or distributors
- Experience working globally, including high growth regions.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and Project)
- Experienceworking with virtual learning platforms and virtual meeting software (e.g., Skype, LiveMeeting, WebEx)
- Experience using knowledge sharing tools (e.g., SharePoint)
Preferred Education, Background and Skills
- Ability to work comfortably with senior leadership in a virtual environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong business writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change when presented with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Experienceworking with e-learning platforms and digital learning tools (e.g., Brainshark, SkillsSoft)
- Experienceworking with eLearning authoring tools (Articulate, Lectora, Captivate, iSpring)