As a Global Color Operations Director, you will lead all aspects of Automotive Refinish color matching operations globally. The position has ultimate responsibility for quality color formulations, and electronic data; including global and local color laboratories. As a global technical leader you will create and drive global strategies to maximize the efficiency, and customer impact of global operations and systems.
- Work with XSBU leaders to develop semi-automated labs where efficiencies can be realized.
- Ensure all regions and laboratories manage and work to global established color processes and methods.
- Support other color functions with Color matching, Customer IT tools, Paper Color tools, Color data and Color Marketing.
- Provide support for laboratory processes and color science innovations with necessary color work and experimentations.
- Support GRID expansion into all global regions, global and regional laboratories and all acquired businesses, brands and future business units.
- Support existing and future color tools with laboratory improvements that help manage data and global / regional variant processes.
- Ensure on-going development of color matching resource, people development, and pipeline strategy for up-coming color personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field. Advanced degree is preferred. IT experience and background preferred.
- In depth knowledge of the Automotive Global market or related color intensive industry.
- Experience managing complex databases with color matching experience highly preferred!
- Understanding of color measurement and its application, internal to PPG and in the market.
- 10 years of relevant industrial experience and a minimum of 5 years leading technical teams.
- Experience working with global teams required and global management experience is highly preferred.